Bakery Clerk Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.BAKERY CLERKJob SummaryPackages,
displays, rotates, and stores bakery products, including freshly
baked and prepackaged goods. Prepares items to bake in accordance
with bakery production charts. Provides assistance to Members.
Maintains all cleaning and safety standards within the bakery
department.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers
questions and recommends bakery items. Answers Member calls and
takes bakery orders.
- Packages freshly baked goods, including cookies, Danish
pastries, muffins, rolls, breads, pies, cakes, and other items as
needed. Unpacks bakery goods from the freezer. Displays proper
amounts based on bakery production chart recommendations.
- Prepares items to be baked based on bakery production charts
using oven racks, trays, and/or other equipment. Operates and
handles bakery equipment using proper work methods in accordance
with safety policies and procedures.
- Receives, inspects, and stores bakery shipments. Rotates and
stores bakery products following food safety, food freshness, and
product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows
salvage and stale product policies and procedures.
- Generates labels and price tickets for bakery goods and
performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items
are accurately priced.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, display fixtures, and food
surfaces in the bakery, including ovens, cooking utensils,
refrigerated cases, display racks, and tables.
- Assists with baking and cake decorating as necessary.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Experience working in a bakery or customer service oriented
- Knowledge of bakery products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about non hard surfaces. There
may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan
merchandise, which can require bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, pushing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.BJ's
Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Jersey City , Bakery Clerk Job, Hospitality & Tourism , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!