Payroll Lead Analyst
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most
successful logistics organizations we are looking for a new Payroll
Lead. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Finance team in
Jersey City, NJ.Your RoleThis position reports directly to the
National Payroll Manager and provides supervisory oversight and
direction to the Payroll Analysts in relation to daily payroll
operations. Maintains business continuity in the absence of the
National Payroll Manager. The Payroll Lead Analyst will provide
input and support on team building, process improvements, system
integrations/implementations, and document procedures for internal
controls. The position will conduct internal audits periodically of
various payroll areas and document recommendations. The Payroll
Lead is extremely detail-oriented, possesses strong leadership
skills and significant knowledge of payroll administration
including state and federal regulations.Your Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day transactions executed by staff
and assign tasks and guidance to staff to meet job
- Process semi-monthly payroll for our exempt population, while
supervising weekly and bi-weekly payroll executed by staff members
and provide direction and support to resolve time reporting and pay
- Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure appropriate data
- Assist manager in preparing data for internal and external
- Calculate and communicate salary overpayments and corrections
effectively, resolving pending items and updating system.
- Ensure accurate, timely and adequate follow-up by staff of
requests that come via email, telephone and/or in-person.
- Assist manager with preparation and facilitation of year end
activities between HRIS, HR, Benefits and Payroll to ensure
continued operations.Your Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or
Finance preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state and local regulations
and American Payroll Association Certification a plus.
- 5 years of full Payroll cycle processing experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in employment tax a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of Payroll concepts and pay based
- Knowledge of UltiPro / UKG Pro payroll processing and payroll
- Ability to become subject matter expert in Payroll processes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well
as the ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to resolve issues
independently, having decision-making and root cause analysis
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) skills.
- Ability to collaborate, work in team setting, and communicate
effectively with cross-functional groups.Good Reasons to JoinWe
offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package,
employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training
programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Jersey City , Payroll Lead Analyst, Human Resources , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!