Product Owner - General Insurance Claims software (USA market)
Company: Verisk Analytics, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Product Owner - General Insurance Claims software (USA
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Verisk Business: Sequel Business Solutions Ltd
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No Company Description
- For the past 25 years,---Sequel Business Solutions---has grown
to becoming a---leading insurance and reinsurance software
specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of--London
,--and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented
insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our
clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us
at:---https://sequel.com/ . We are proud to be a part of the Verisk
family of companies!-- At the heart of what we do is help clients
manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to
our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services
markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions. Our
global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other
emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records.
We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending,
and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on
complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and
geopolitical issues. But why we do our work is what sets us apart.
It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and
stronger. It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact
sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to
balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our
"returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the
workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual
Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market
innovations to solve our customers' problems. At its core, Verisk
uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is
why we do what we do.-- At Verisk you can build an exciting career
with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on
business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to
advance your career.--We have received the Great Place to Work--
Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We've been
recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer
for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we
place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on
Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values
and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where
we live and work. Job Description Responsible for managing a new
USA-focused #Claims product--targeted at the US general insurance
market, including roadmap development, and taking--an active role
in client engagement. Direct / indirect management of the team
responsible for delivering that product. Main responsibilities
- Own the product backlog to ensure all deliverables are
- Ensure that releases adhere to the concept of Minimum Viable
Product to reduce the breadth of business change, whilst ensuring
sufficient functionality is delivered.
- Support Project Managers on client delivery projects as
required to achieve a successful delivery outcome.
- Signs off on the deliverables before they move to
- Accountable for the Vanilla configuration and ensures that new
functionality is embedded within the Vanilla configuration.--
- Responsible for ensuring Client variations to the Vanilla
configuration are understood, reduced and documented.
- Accountable for improving implementation and upgraded process,
client experience and costs.
- Supports Account Management and Sales teams where detailed
product knowledge is required.
- Acts as escalation point for Support and Account Management
when required to ensure Client's concerns and/or requirements are
fully understood and assessed from a Product perspective.
- Supports Project Managers and the other Product Owner(s) on
client delivery projects as required to achieve a successful
- Accountable for ensuring the supportability of the product,
including training and internal processes.
- Accountable for ensuring the product is appropriately
documented, for both internal and external audiences. Roadmap and
- Accountable for translating the business vision into a
well-defined product roadmap.
- Prioritisation and assessment of client issues requiring
- Responsibility, with the other Product Owner(s) and Head of
Product, for feature definition/elaboration to adequately prepare
the roadmap for Product Team progression.Understanding of market
initiatives and factors impacting the product.
- Responsible for creating user stories and ensuring they are
documented to a sufficient level to enable delivery.
- Responsible for the product refinement ceremony where the team
work together to ensure the deliverables can be estimated.
- Provides--strong leadership to the development team.
- Accountable for the story map which outlines which deliverables
are planned in the upcoming releases.
- Participates in feature reviews with responsibility to confirm
acceptance of Product enhancements against the expected 'value'
previously agreed in conjunction with the Head of Product Line
during roadmap planning.
- Signs off on the release before they move to delivery. Client
- Co-Chair and drives client engagement workshops to ensure the
roadmap meets the client needs.
- Collaborates with clients to assess the priority of new
features and help shape the product vision.
- Collaborates with clients to understand Clients' experience,
feedback and issues of the application to help shape the product
- Attends/supports market events, as required in support of the
Head of Product. Team Support
- Provides support to the Head of Product Line and the Product
Delivery Manager with continuous improvement processes for the
Sequel product where agreed with the team.
- Identifies--knowledge deficiencies in the team and
propose/execute remediation plans to solve.
- Provides support to the Head of Product Line with identifying
key application/business knowledge deficiencies within the Support
team and create knowledge upskilling plans. Subject Matter
Expertise (USA general insurance, Claims lifecycle AND software
- Provides specific Product Line with deep domain and client
- Provides SME--input and generates presentation material for
future Sequel Innovation forums. Any other duties commensurate to
the grade of the role. Qualifications
- Formal, structured learning (related degree or other
- Critical : A compelling progression of experience within a
software development organisation.
- A strong background working within a software vendor
environment, in the scoping and development of software
- Prior experience as an analyst- developer, or business analyst,
qualifying high level software requirements as well as defining
detailed functional and technical requirements specifications.
- Commercial view and ability to weigh investment considerations
alongside technical and functional implications.
- Experienced in working within an Agile-development
- Domain expertise: this role calls for acquired understanding of
the (USA) General insurance Claims Lifecycle - and is a
- Network within the USA--general insurance market
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence
internal and external customers through credibility and
- A high degree of passion for enhancing existing products and
bringing new products to life.
- Capacity to lead as well as to support the team. NB:
Eligibility to work in the USA, alongside current residency (or
intention to relocate to the USA) are prerequisites for the
role.Where such information is not clarified on the CV, we will
assume this criterion has not been met. Additional Information
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. All members of
the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity
employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veteran's status, age or disability. Unsolicited
resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a
Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or
directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property.
Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume. Product Owner - General Insurance
Claims software (USA market)
Keywords: Verisk Analytics, Inc., Jersey City , Product Owner - General Insurance Claims software (USA market), IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!