Company: SPECTRAFORCE TECHNOLOGIES Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Title: Spark DeveloperDuration: 6+ MonthsLocation: Jersey City,
NJ or Durham, NC (initially remote till pandemic)Only W2 Project:
Essentially modernization process for tribe from mainframe to
cloud. Part of the particular application process on their own. The
development will start in April.
- The necessary skills are Spark and Scala.
- Must have: Spark, Scala and Java
- Like To have: AWS, cloud The Team:
- We are currently sourcing for a Senior Software Engineer to
work in Jersey City, NJ or Durham, NC!
- Customer Communications - An organization that is responsible
for crafting and delivering regulatory and non-regulatory financial
documents (statements, trade confirms, prospectuses and other
letters) to customers. Financial Communication is within the
overall Core Brokerage team!
- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer based in New
Jersey/North Carolina who will be assisting in the modernization of
Prospectus application from Mainframe to Cloud. Our modernized
architecture lives on Spark/Scala infrastructure. API development
and application support of the Prospectus capability will also be
required. The Expertise You Have (The order of these bullets do not
- Bachelors' Degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science
- Proficiency and expertly in SPARK and Scala.
- Proficiency strong expertise JAVA 1.8.
- 5+ years previous experience in SPARK/Scala and JAVA
development required. The Skills You Bring
- Experience in building structures using SPARK/Scala
- Demonstrated experience in crafting REST APIs
- Experience in Continuous Integration using
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Your ability to solve and resolve difficult, technical problems
- Your ability to work in a team-oriented environment are
- You will need to bring expertise in Agile methodology and
- Knowledge in Cloud environment (AWS) preferred
- You will need to bring solid expertise on Test Driven
Development (JUNIT, etc.)
- Great experience with Microsoft Office tools required. The
Value You Deliver
- You will be required to work in an iterative matter following
- You will be asked to work independently once provided design
- You will be encouraged to collaborate on crafting solutions
with tech lead
- You will provide status on your work to the squad and your
manager consistently and clearly
- Encouraged to provide clear documentation on the features you
are building Other Pointers:
- This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related
responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working
conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of
the current job, SPECTRAFORCE and the assigned client reserve the
right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed as assigned.
- SPECTRAFORCE offers ACA compliant health benefits as well as
dental, vision, accident, and hospital indemnity insurances.
Additional benefits SPECTRAFORCE offers to the eligible employees
include commuter benefits, 401K plan with matching and a referral
bonus program. SPECTRAFORCE offers unpaid leave as well as paid
sick leave when required by law.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: SPECTRAFORCE is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, disability or veteran status, or any other category
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please
contact Human Resources at if you require a reasonable
- For the full list of our open positions, please check
spectraforce.com - provided by Dice
Keywords: SPECTRAFORCE TECHNOLOGIES Inc., Jersey City , Spark Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!