Backend Technical Lead (Java)
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 3, 2021
We are a fintech infrastructure company that transforms
documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to
streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes
financial decisions, We are trusted by leading fintech like SoFi,
LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name
a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique
human-in-the-loop data validation process, We plug directly into
customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data
work. We have raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by
Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors,
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by
shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility,
Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do
it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves
to work every day.
We are looking for a technical leader who thrives in a fast-paced
collaborative environment. Someone who is excited about leading a
growing team while also being hands-on architecting and building
our next generation of backend applications!
Job Location: New York
- Build robust and scalable systems, services, and tools to
handle our new products and business requirements
- Contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our
backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks,
and tools for our next-generation platform.
- Collaborate with product and other teams on functionality,
security, reliability, and automation support testing processes and
troubleshooting issues and resolve them.
- Maintain and expand the functionality for existing
- Mentor junior teammates and be a part of the hiring process for
growing your team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years engineering experience
- Expertise in Java and/or Python
- Experience leading a team of engineers and owning projects from
beginning to end
- Expertise in architecting and implementing distributed
applications and developing RESTful APIs.
- Solid relational database skills (Postgres, MySQL,
etc)Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with AWS and its cloud-based offerings
- Experience with containerization, microservices architecture,
continuous integration, and deployment.
- Familiarity with BPMN Engine's like Flowable or Activiti is a
- Masters Degree
- Fintech/Startup Experience
Keywords: Ocrolus, Jersey City , Backend Technical Lead (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!