AVP, Technical Lead - Commercial Marketplace
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job Description - AVP, Technical Lead - Commercial Marketplace
(336403) Job Description AVP, Technical Lead - Commercial
Marketplace ( Job Number: 336403 ) Description Description -
External AVP, Technical Lead - Commercial Marketplace Commercial
Marketplace group at Chubb is seeking a--talented and experienced
Information Technology professional to join--the application
development--team in a technical lead role, who can combine the
technical expertise with industry best practices--to develop IT
systems and process changes for new and existing functionality
within the Chubb Commercial Marketplace and underlying Policy
Administration systems, other downstream applications, internal and
external integrations for multi distribution channels to support
the individual and collective Commercial Business Divisions'
objectives.-- This position requires an extensive background in
software development, integration, maintaining and building
high-quality, resilient and high-performance applications. This
position will be responsible to develop and maintain applications
that are on emerging as well as legacy technology platforms. We're
looking for a talented individual who is passionate about
technology, building and maintaining quality systems with software
implementation best practices. Scope/Responsibilities
- Lead multiple application development teams that comprise of
internal employees as well as external vendor teams both onshore
- Provide technical leadership of delivery and quality control of
multiple projects within the Commercial Marketplace portfolio
- Participate in design and code reviews, performance tests, test
automation, and unit test strategies.
- Lead team(s) of world-class software engineers and make the
right design decisions and technology choices
- Be a hands-on engineer who will spend most of their time in the
codebase and mentor the junior members of the team
- React to shifting priorities without compromising deadlines and
- Where necessary partner with other enterprise IT teams or
external vendor solution providers to drive increasing maturity of
the managed services model tied to specific business outcomes such
as driving down operational costs, reducing outages, reducing
technical debt, addressing security vulnerabilities and reducing
backlog of defects
- Drive a culture of proactive maintenance and monitoring of
systems/applications rather than reactive, through collaboration
with the Infrastructure group and production support team
- Leads and develops Cloud-based systems and digital
transformation initiatives as appropriate and in line with both
business and technology vision and needs
- Evolve and implement a set of standardized processes to improve
efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the application
maintenance and support activities.
- Offering innovative out-of-the-box thought leadership. This
candidate should be confident in the ability to understand business
objectives/goals, flexible enough to manage change fluently and
strong enough to question business value of scope changes
- Responsible for rapid, iterative and efficient Release and
- Responsible for adherence to Chubb Audit and Compliance
requirements and policies Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or another related field.
- Strong software engineering background and experience leading
engineering teams required.
- Minimum of 12 years enterprise IT application experience that
includes at least 5 years of hands-on software development.
- 8+ years of hands on technical / coding experience in Microsoft
technology stack, C#, .Net Core, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, MVC, Web
API, XML, XSLT, Entity Framework, LINQ, Microservices, TFS, GIT and
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into code, defining system
behavior, establishing technical roadmaps, partnering with the
business to understand requirements, and communicating with senior
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs using
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills, good listener
and open to different points of view.
- Experience working in Agile development framework,
understanding of SAFe, KANBAN, SCRUM.
- Working knowledge of test-driven development, automated unit
testing and continuous integration.
- Insurance background required; experience in implementing
Commercial Lines platform/systems integration with Duck Creek,
Insurity or similar policy admin systems is preferred.
- Ability to motivate team members and effectively delegate
responsibilities to ensure timely delivery.
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills; ability to
effectively communicate across all levels is required.
- Strong ability to identify, understand and communicate business
needs and complex technical concepts in simple, concise and crisp
manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Other competencies include:
- Models company values; demonstrates high integrity; meets
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets
priorities and acts on key issues;
- Demonstrates bias to be proactive rather than reactive;
- Team player mentality; prioritize organizational performance
Critical Skills Adaptability- Agility.----Responds well to change.
Handles multiple demands / priorities effectively. Adapts to best
fit with situation at hand. Handles conflict effectively.
Collaborates. Develops new skills quickly. Willing to accept new
responsibilities. Takes initiative & accountability.-- IT
Methodologies. Good organizational skills. Has experience managing
projects and staff. Advanced technical skills or specialized
knowledge. Analyzes tasks, dependencies, and resource needs.
Manages budgets and performs financial activities effectively.
Understands system development life cycle (SDLC) including AGILE
methodology; uses project methodologies. Business Knowledge.
Learning Orientation. Solves problems. Understands fundamentals of
insurance, IT best practices, and technology. Understands business
processes and process improvement. Connects business problems to
technical solutions. Validates that solutions achieve desired
business result. Deliverables Management. Matches business
requirements to deliverables. Understands & meets deadlines. Holds
others accountable. Proactive identification and management of
risk. Manages multiple work streams. Works effectively across
multiple groups (both internal and external). Has experience
managing scope and change control. Communication. Communicates
effectively both written and oral. Responds to customers
appropriately, timely, and accurately. Manages relationships
effectively. Influences others. Transfers knowledge to others. Has
experience working with multi-vendor projects and related
communications challenges. Location: This position is primarily
located in Whitehouse, NJ. EEO Statement At Chubb, we are committed
to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and
regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or
opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,
religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic
information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any
other characteristic protected by law. Performance and
qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign,
promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits
all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any
individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Jersey City , AVP, Technical Lead - Commercial Marketplace, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!