Lead Software Engineer
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 11, 2022
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk
(Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in
insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can
make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other
emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records.
We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending,
and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on
complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a
commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact
sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to
balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our
"returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the
workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual
Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market
innovations to solve our customers' problems.---
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value.
But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your
career.---We have received the Great Place to Work - Certification
for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as
a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments
to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive
and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and
Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting
positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and
We are hiring in US or Canada for this opening.
Verisk Insurance Solutions' Claims analytics group is looking for a
full stack engineer to join our team. The team is a dedicated
resource for multiple data science teams for deploying and
operationalizing machine learning processes. We combine MLFlow's
flexibility with lots of in-house engineering on AWS leveraging
GraphQL, DynamoDB, and event-driven architecture to automate the
handshake between data science and production software.
Join us if you are looking to build software supporting Machine
About The Day-to-Day Responsibilities Of The Role
- Develop high-quality full-stack components in a microservices
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment and be a
- Organizing and motivating teams while directing multiple
projects simultaneously serving multiple stakeholders
- Provide appropriate API design guidance to make data science
inference stateless and ephemeral.
- Improve and advance DataOps and MLOps infrastructure and
- Build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using
- Assist junior engineers in the development of various APIs and
- Participate in requirements gathering and grooming
- Conduct code reviews and define development processes in new
and existing projects
- 5+ years of minimum, progressive technical experience with
proven business impact. A diverse set of technical experiences are
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with Docker images and containerized operations.
(ECS, ECR, EKS)
- Familiarity with system design and networking concepts in the
- Building CI-CD pipelines, Github actions etc.
- Experience working with AWS services - CloudFormation,
Container orchestration tools, Lambda
- Experience working with HTML, CSS and at least one of the
- Software development skills in the stacks we use - Backend API
Design, serverless technologies
- Working knowledge of data science and machine learning
lifecycles from EDA to evaluation
- Ability to write production-grade code
- Strong interest towards learning new technologies
Good to have
- Understanding of ML as a service conventions and design
- Experience in any MLOps framework - MLFlow, Kubeflow, Cortex
- Experience with front end workflow processes and tools (NPM,
- Understanding data science lifecycle
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal
opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veterans status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes
sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email
address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk
property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting
from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one
priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable
law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that
support any of our businesses' government contracts will be
required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required
medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement,
as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not
demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
their start date, and who have not been approved for a
legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer
meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment
will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable
Keywords: Verisk, Jersey City , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!