Senior Software Engineer IV, Fullstack
Company: CB Insights
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Develop state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use
data to drive business.
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about building awesome
products, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients
love our products and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of
the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our
system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data
sets and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights.
We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user
interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most
The Role Youll Play:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of
a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and
passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art
technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Our full-stack software engineers work across the stack, building
beautiful user interfaces, robust services and scalable data
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while
ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class
About the team:
You will be part of a remote-first team where every team member
works remotely from anywhere in the USA. Strong communication
skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset are key attributes
we are looking for in all candidates.
We have a collaborative, "teach and learn" culture where the role
evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence
platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are
well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify
opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business
- Mentor and guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding and who
has learned through several years of experience in the field
- 5+ years professional experience with backend engineering
(ideally Go, Python, and/or Node.js)
- Experience with AWS Cognito
- Relational database proficiency, including ER modelling and
performance optimization (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle,
- Experience working with PHP
- Experience writing automated tests
- Professional experience building Microservices
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as
in the local office
Not Needed, But Nice to Have:
- Professional experience building APIs
- Experience working with React, Angular, Vue, or similar
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with AWS or Azure base
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
Whats CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit
emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies
accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not
opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine
and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your
response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards,
Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and
creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to
the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is
close to what we are looking for.
EqualOpportunityEmployer: CB Insights is committed to creating a
diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone whod be perfect for the role,
submit here and youll be eligible for $5,000!
Keywords: CB Insights, Jersey City , Senior Software Engineer IV, Fullstack, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!