Citizen Developer, Brokerage Operations
Company: Fidelity Investments
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description:The RoleThe Tax Department is building an
exciting new role for someone with technology and project
management experience to build Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and
User-Developed Application (UDA) solutions. The Citizen Developer
will be responsible to build solutions that bridge the gap between
the current state and enhancement pending prioritization with our
Technology business partners or the Business Process Improvement
- Work with domain experts and process owners across OSG Tax to
understand and develop automated solutions that meets RPA/UDA
- Assist Tax with opportunity assessments to identify and
prioritize business processes that are potential candidates for
- Act as a central point of knowledge and control owner for
automation capabilities and support the development and testing of
- Create the automation or work with internal business partners
that are building the solutions.
- Provide support and investigation of any production incidents
or outages related to automated solutions.
- Document business processes and/or workflows required for
- Ensure policies and procedures are updated with the automation
solutions when implemented.
- Measure efficiency of automation opportunities post
implementation and document benefits for regular Executive
Leadership Team updates.
- Build, maintain, and provide oversight for RPA/UDA automated
solutions for Tax Operations.
- Resolve issues that arise in day-to-day management of RPA/UDA
program and provide timely responses and solutions as needed.
- Develop and document processes for various RPA/UDA
- Evaluate market solutions to stay ahead of automation trends
that deliver the best solutions and experiences for customers and
associates.The Expertise & Skills You Bring
- Knowledge of different automation solutions and ability to use
- Experience in Blue Prism, Power Automate, SQL, and
scripting/macro development preferred.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
ability to interpret data to drive business decisions.
- Proficient project management skills, including an ability to
prioritize and meet goals.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and develop.
- Ability to assess risk that best serve our customers while
protecting the firm.
- Drive customer service obsessed experiences for both internal
and external partners and associates.
- Experience working closely with business functions, documenting
business requirements, creating test cases, and preparing reports,
user guides, and other supporting materials.
- Comfortable challenging the current processes and proposing new
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong
- Demonstrate a high proficiency for accuracy/attention to
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects, as
well as collaborate within a team.
- Experience across multiple operational or service units giving
breadth and depth of operational challenges and solutions.
- A proven understanding of operational processes and
- Ability to build credibility and trust with peers and
leaders.The TeamThe Citizen Developer will work across Tax to
develop RPA/UDAs that improve day to day operations. This role
strives to eliminate repetitive work and reduce risk. The Tax
department satisfies regulatory responsibilities and delivers an
excellent client experience for tracking cost basis, federal and
state withholding, retirement and non-retirement tax forms, IRS and
state tax filing, and distribution reclassification. Please see
below for the salary range for work locations in New York City,
Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only: $80,000 - $100,000
per year This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an
annual bonus opportunity.Certifications: Company OverviewFidelity
Investments is a privately held company with a mission to
strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people
invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and
non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees.
And we provide institutions and independent advisors with
investment and technology solutions to help invest their own
clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll find endless
opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts
peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible
benefits that support you through every stage of your career,
empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a
Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award , we have been recognized by our
employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don't need a
finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of
opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've
always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work
flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs
with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling " Dynamic
Working ."We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at .Fidelity
Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the
most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse
workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and
belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with
disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application
or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation,
contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to , or by
calling , prompt 2, option 3.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Jersey City , Citizen Developer, Brokerage Operations, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!