Senior Software Developer (Data Governance)
Company: Td Ameritrade
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 15, 2018
The Senior Software Developer will lead the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) department in delivering an unified Data Governance presence built on the Collibra platform. This is the hub to allow the Data Governance community to manage business and technical metadata, data lineage, data profiling, data quality assessment and reporting as well as issue tracking. The candidate must have a strong knowledge with workflow development programming, experience configuring, customizing and integrating data across multiple platforms be comfortable with SDLC and embracing an agile delivery culture.
- Collibra Lead Developer
- Developing business process workflows.
- Developing integration between Collibra and other systems
- Configuring Collibra per business requirements
- Peer review of development work performed by other Collibra Developer(s)
- Coordinating code releases across environments
- Outline and apply software development best practices
- Integration Lead
- Responsible to work with other areas of EDM (including Data Architecture and Data Advocacy) as well as business and technology resources.
- Assist with data lineage road map and automation of the extraction and merge/stitching processes.
- Responsible to deliver end-to-end data lineage for the Enterprise Data Governance community.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
- Understanding of technical metadata and how it correlates with business metadata (Critical Data Elements)
- Data Quality Solution Developer
- Implement assessment of advanced data quality rules in Data Quality Platform
- Implement custom Data Quality dashboards
- Technical Discipline:
- Experience and strong proficiency with workflow development tools.
- Familiarity with code repository and version control tools such as Bitbucket
- Java and/or Groovy development background
- Familiarity APIs - in particular REST/API
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/Shell script
- Strong SQL background with many DBMS such as: SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, Postgres,
- Experience with Agile software development
- Interpersonal skills:
- Ability to establish relationships across the organization in order to gain understanding of enterprise wide initiatives
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels across the organization
- High energy level and strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Preferred knowledge and skills:
- Collibra data governance platform
- Working knowledge of Informatica Power Center ETL platform
- Experience with JSON
- Basic HTML knowledge with CSS a plus.
- Working knowledge with big data technologies and concepts.
- Experience with data quality rules and development of complex assessment, monitoring and report of data quality rules.
- Prior experience working on or with a data governance team.
- The ideal candidate will also possess experience parsing ETL and SQL and subsequently stitching the transformations together to deliver end-to-end data lineage.
- Some experience with Tableau reporting will be a standout skill
Keywords: Td Ameritrade, Jersey City , Senior Software Developer (Data Governance), IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!