Senior Java/AWS Developer
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is seeking a Senior Java/AWS Developer for a long term consulting engagement for a financial services firm located in Jersey City, NJ. (Alternative locations include: Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, or Tampa, FL)
- The focus of this role is to realize business and technical requirements through the application of Software Implementation Lifecycle tasks
- This is a hand on role with 85+% of work time focus on programming including, but not limited to, design, code, documentation, test and supporting activities.
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state of the art, next generation distributed systems which are cloud-based, streaming, reactive, and event-driven
- Build Micro-service oriented systems
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to ensure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Evangelize technology and architecture patterns across the firm
- Positions available from Software professionals with a focus on in Front End, Back End, Middleware, transactional and database skill sets and experience.
- As an Enterprise Cloud Developer (AWS) you will work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to define, program, test and deliver business application software and Middleware software solutions using AWS Infrastructure and Platform as a Service Public Cloud using Agile methodology.
- You will engage in direct application development activities (programming: design, code, test) supporting agile teams toward the rapid adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- As an Enterprise Cloud Developer you will possesses and maintain deep knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms, tools and techniques. You will engage other teams with compelling ideas, designs, presentations, and discussions to help generate adoption of IaaS/PaaS Cloud. Required Skills:
- Multiple year's application development experience with Enterprise Java
- 5+ years hands on experience with Enterprise Linux
- 2+ years hands on experience with AWS (AWS Certification is a plus.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
- Application development Developer with prior hands-on development/integration skills and 5 to 10 years of overall IT experience supporting the managed accounts business
- Java 8 Expert-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE.
- Spring Boot implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring Security.
- TDD/BDD Must have practical experience with unit testing
- Solid understanding of the Maven and Jenkins build system
- Experience defining REST APIs and implementing RESTful services
- Direct experience implementing business application software and/or Middleware software on a public cloud platform (AWS preferred).
- Implementation of Cloud DevOps solutions is not a surrogate for business application development experience
- Experience working with (not building) CI/CD and DevOps tools
- In depth knowledge of the AWS cloud computing platform, its many services and dimensions of scalability - including: Lambda, S3 (Object Storage), VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB/Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, Glacier, API Gateway, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Alternative Queuing Platforms, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, XRay and RedShift.
- Strong knowledge of Database and Database development tools SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply.
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Jersey City , Senior Java/AWS Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!