Senior Java/Cloud Developer
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Senior Java/Cloud Developer for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier Financial clients in Jersey City, NJ.
- As an Enterprise Cloud Developer (AWS) you will work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to define, program, test and deliver business application software and Middleware software solutions using AWS Infrastructure and Platform as a Service Public Cloud using Agile methodology.
- The focus of this role is to realize business and technical requirements through the application of Software Implementation Lifecycle tasks
- This is a hand on role with 85+% of work time focus on programming including, but not limited to, design, code, documentation, test and supporting activities.
- Positions available from Software professionals with a focus on in Front End, Back End, Middleware, transactional and database skill sets and experience.
- You will engage in direct application development activities (programming: design, code, test) supporting agile teams toward the rapid adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- The Enterprise Cloud Developer operates as a vital component of an Agile Squad. As a squad member you will collaborate with Development, Architecture and Infrastructure to implement technical designs. You will be engaged as a cloud implementation subject Matter Expert.
- As an Enterprise Cloud Developer you will possesses and maintain deep knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms, tools and techniques. You will engage other teams with compelling ideas, designs, presentations, and discussions to help generate adoption of IaaS/PaaS Cloud.
- Direct experience implementing business application software and/or Middleware software on a public cloud platform
- Implementation of Cloud DevOps solutions is not a surrogate for business application development experience
- Multiple year's application development experience with Enterprise Java.
- Knowledge of Database and Database development tools: MySQL or PostgreSQLor AWS RDS or AWS Aurora or AWS DynamoDB.
- At least three years' experience working with (not building) CI/CD and DevOps tools
- In depth knowledge of the AWS cloud computing platform, its many services and dimensions of scalability - including: Lambda, S3 (Object Storage), VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB/Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, Glacier, API Gateway, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Alternative Queuing Platforms, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, XRay and RedShift.
- Understanding of Serverless Compute, Container Compute, Cloud Scalability, Cloud Security, Transactional Processing, and High Resiliency.
- Knowledge of federated authentication and authorization models
- Cloud methodologies and architecture (IaaS, PaaS), automation, orchestration
- Strong knowledge of Container Platforms, REST, JSON, SWAGGER, APIs
- BS degree in an IT related field or equivalent training and ten years working in an enterprise, mission critical environment (FinSrv a plus) Preferred Skills:
- 4+ years hands on experience with AWS, Certification (or equivalent)
- Multiple year application development experience with Python or language alternative
- Micro Services
- 5+ years hands on experience with Enterprise Linux
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities.
Keywords: Confidential, Jersey City , Senior Java/Cloud Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!