Senior Java Developer / Programmer (for our CTO group)
Company: Brown Brothers Harriman
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 14, 2019
The CTO Group, SENIOR DEVELOPER will work as team member within the
CTO organization. He/she will help define the vision, strategy and
details for the architecture of new applications and/or
enhancements to existing solutions. In addition, he/she will ensure
that optimal solutions and recommendations are provided in-line
with industry best practices and firm s technology standards. This
individual will work closely with application developers to help
guide the design and development of high performance distributed
applications and services. The successful candidate will be
accountable for leading the complete definition of end to end
solutions for LOBs (including application detailed design,
infrastructure requirements, and data management) act as high level
technical expert, address problems with systems integration and
compatibility, perform feasibility analysis on potential future
projects and present results at all levels of the organization.
Planning and Organization
* Identify technical opportunities and risks to improve the overall
quality and resiliency of applications in partnership with other
application developments team members.
* Recommend standards based technology trends, tools and platforms
to support business goals.
* Communicate technology best practices and strategy.
* Ensure technology requirement and challenges are resolved in a
consistent and timely manner.
Design and Architecture
* Develop and drive adoption of technology standards that adhere to
Enterprise Architecture guiding principles and overall technology
strategy of the firm
* Work with Systems Owners to create 3 Year technology roadmap to
meet the technology strategy and product roadmap
* Maintain the Hold/Buy/Sell list of Security Technologies, Tools,
and Third-Party Components in use or can potentially be used
* Work with developers, product managers, and customer application
experts to define solutions, products and modules with required
features and functionality.
* Provide guidance and best practices for implementing dev ops
principles such as automation of builds, deployment, server
* Provide guidance for architecture design and development of high
performance messaging, transaction/batch processing products and/or
services by defining and developing architectures, detailed designs
specifications, development, implementations and successful
delivery of the solution.
* Provide subject matter expertise in application security Secure
* Partner with the Application Development team and Operations team
peers and management to drive visibility and understanding on
application security strategy, visibility of vulnerabilities and
advising on application security process and procedures
* Establish operating process & procedures to feed high-integrity
vulnerability data feeds from Secure SDLC controls into a
centralized metrics platform, GRC (e.g., Archer) and defect
management systems (e.g., JIRA)
* Work with the business and systems team to identify the right
architecture for implementing new solutions, products and
* Develop technology blue-prints for solutions, products and
* Design and develop Proof of Concepts (POCs) to validate
suitability and viability of new technologies and solutions from
both functional and technical perspectives.
* Participate and/or monitors different technology industry
standards groups to maintain strategic relations and represent BBH
* Support development and governance of technology and architecture
best practices and the solutions for adoptions.
* Research and evaluate new technologies/tools/software products to
determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their
capabilities in line with the technology strategy of the
* Support the systems and business teams for estimates, analysis,
design, development, performance, scalability and benchmark test
guidance and providing subject matter expertise in technology and
* Work with systems team to ensure that systems response to the
business requirements is appropriate facilitation of business
advocacy within systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* BS/BA degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or related
work experience required,
* Minimum of 4+ years of technical experience in the architecture,
design and development of mission critical applications utilizing a
wide range of technologies and vendor platforms to service the
business needs. Master /Advanced degree may be substituted for
* 3+ years of design and development of high performance messaging
and transaction processing systems preferably in the financial or
* Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks, design
patterns and industry best practices for design and
* Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to
create practical, robust and scalable architectures and solutions
meeting the business and technology goals/strategy of the
* 6+ years of experience in functional and object oriented design
and development utilizing JAVA
* Subject matter expertise in APPLICATION SECURITY
* Experience with enterprise wide Secure SDLC and SDLC
methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
* Demonstrated skill with defect management systems such as Jira or
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and build systems such as
Jenkins, Maven or Visual Studio Team Services
* Strong knowledge of application security tools such as Veracode
SAST, Qualys WAS, Sonatype or Contrast
* Strong Knowledge of Automation and configuration management
technologies like Ansible and Puppet
* Familiarity with container technology like Docker and
orchestration technologies like CloudFoundry, Openshift, Mesos
* Demonstrated skills on System Design using UML
* 3+ years of experience in functional and object oriented
* 3+ years of experience with UNIX and Windows operating
* 3+ years years experience in JEE technologies
* Working experience with relational database such as Oracle/DB2 is
* 3+ years experience as a JEE Architect with exposure to various
JEE standards/APIs, certification is highly desired.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to
communicate within teams in systems.
* Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as
* Ability to conduct code reviews and work with build and
* Ability to research and present results and recommendations.
* Exceptional problem solving skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected
status under federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Brown Brothers Harriman, Jersey City , Senior Java Developer / Programmer (for our CTO group), IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!