Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 13, 2019
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and
offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing
place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named
Verisk to its World s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its
World s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive
year. We also earned the Great Place to Work Certification for the
third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in
insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services.
Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of
records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain
expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into
customer workflows. We ve been delivering predictive analytics and
decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years,
helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At
Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to
serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the
communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career.
Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our
business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our
team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative
environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced
technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
* Accountable for application development supporting business
objectives while demonstrating independence in software development
lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
* Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to
websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
* Performs hands-on coding and assists in the architecting web
* May serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and
various business support areas.
* Provides technical guidance to junior programmers and other
* Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex
* Participate in design and technical meetings
* 3-5 years of proven experience in software development and system
* Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing
* Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier
architecture, and production Internet architectures
* Experienced at developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best
practices and design patterns
* Solid experience and understanding in the following technologies:
Core C#, ASP.Net MVC, NUnit and Moq, LINQ, NHibernate or Entity
Framework, Spring.Net, Continuous Integration, Angular, JQuery,
* Must have passion for development and latest technologies
* Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and
software development processes and methods
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Verisk, Jersey City , Developer 2, IT / Software / Systems , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!