Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: March 30, 2021
The Brand Lawyer will provide legal services and support,
primarily to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc. (MTPA) and its
affiliated companies. This is a dynamic role giving advice on legal
and regulatory issues as they arise from the marketing, sales,
medical, market access, operations and executive teams. He/she will
be involved in all aspects of the commercial business and operate
as part of a team focused on supporting an orphan drug in the U.S.
The attorney will be responsible for reviewing promotional and
nonpromotional/scientific materials and strategies, evaluating
strategic and tactical commercial/brand and medical affairs plans,
supporting clinical educator programs, and advising clients on a
broad array of issues relating to FDA pharmaceutical regulations,
advertising, marketing, product development, product labeling,
promotional review, media materials, anti-trust, anti-kickback,
competitor issues, market access issues, regulatory policy,
medical, pricing, reimbursement, privacy, sales, industry and group
company issues and transactional matters. The Brand Lawyer will
work on cross-functional business teams, including direct contact
with senior leaders including the President. He/she will not be
directly responsible for contract review, but will be responsible
for advising the transactional attorney on regulatory and
compliance risks. This position is based in Jersey City, NJ with
quarterly staff meetings held in NYC. Responsibilities
- Advises on the proper review of promotional materials and
tactics including social media and healthcare professional and
consumer-directed advertising as well as nonpromotional/scientific
pieces and scientific exchange materials. Participates in review
- Provides strategic advice regarding customer and other
stakeholder relationships, regulatory matters, contracts and
interactions with respect to branded/specialty pharmaceuticals.
Ensures optimal advice regarding sales and marketing, interactions
with healthcare professionals, interactions with patients and
patient advocacy groups, clinical educator programs, market access,
medical affairs, product sourcing and development, and competition
- Works closely with the transactional attorney and advises on
specific regulatory or compliance risks, and counsels management in
connection with related matters.
- Partners with legal department colleagues in executing and
enhancing Company objectives.
- Supervises outside counsel.
- Drives increased efficiency, coordination, and effectiveness of
legal advice, processes, and support to meet the needs of the local
business. Demand management is key, as are innovative solutions to
meet client needs and address highest risks.
- Works as part of a matrix leadership team at MTPA (handling
matters including commercial, medical, operations and HR).
- Assists in supporting compliance function; helps to create and
deliver training to clients.
- Leads by example and ensures consistent communication to
clients; serves as a beacon of compliance and representative of the
compliance program. Qualifications
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from a nationally recognized law
- Admitted to the Bar of at least one state and eligible for
admission to the New York or New Jersey Bar as in-house
- Minimum of 5-10 years of legal experience, either in a law firm
or in-house in the pharmaceutical or related industry, is
- Previous in-house experience with legal support for
specialty/branded pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- Experience with FDA laws and regulations, in particular
promotional and nonpromotional review, and guidance provided by the
Office of the Inspector General for HHS is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong
presentation skills, with the ability to communicate abstract ideas
and legal advice to executive and senior management as well as
non-legal colleagues and non-native English speakers.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to work through
complex issues, including those with significant strategic risk to
- Strategic, analytical thinker and creative problem solver who
possesses innovation, client management, demand management skills
and regulatory knowledge.
- Selfless, promoting team and company objectives over individual
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and
prioritize a high volume of work and independently manage multiple
complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the business environment
and capable of anticipating future challenges resulting from change
and the ability to adapt quickly and keep up with a fast-paced and
highly demanding environment and regulatory framework.
- Ability to respond resourcefully and strategically to shifting
priorities and work effectively in ambiguous or challenging
- Energetic self-starter with demonstrated influencing skills and
a results orientation. Must be able to quickly gain the trust and
respect of senior executives, peers and clients.
- Ability to work both in a strategic big picture mode, as well
as tactically, including the capability to "roll up one's sleeves"
and work in detail.
- Demonstrated client service orientation; able to recognize and
respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and
demanding clients while setting demand management and expectations
for highest priority matters.
- Flexible, and possessing a commercial, business focus in
approaching this position.
- Knowledge of Japanese business practices is not required but
would be ideal.
- Required to travel up to 10% including to New York City for
quarterly department-wide staff meetings. Sorry the Share function
is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and
try again later.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Jersey City , Brand Lawyer, Legal , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!