Assistant General Counsel
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities? Join our DTCC
family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version
of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and
surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance
your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being
benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements Why You'll Love This Job:
This attorney will be a member of DTCC Legal group. We focus on
providing legal and regulatory advice and guidance to DTCC's
clearing agency subsidiaries. Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission rule
filings for the clearing agencies.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice in the development and
structuring of new business initiatives for the clearing agencies;
provide legal and regulatory advice on risk issues.
- Support audit and regulatory examinations relating to the
- Research and draft internal memoranda, and engage and manage
outside counsel on various legal issues and projects.
- Support relationship with the U.S. Securities and Exchange
Commission and the Federal Reserve regarding the DTCC clearing
- Handle membership on-boarding for the clearing agencies,
including reviewing U.S. and non-U.S. legal opinions.
- Prepare non-U.S. registrations as needed for the clearing
agencies; responsibility for ongoing monitoring of regulatory
requirements of non-U.S. registrations.
- Handle other legal matters or ad hoc projects as required by
senior members of the Legal team.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting
key errors, and demonstrating strong ethical behavior. ** NOTE:
Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above.
** Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- JD and current U.S. bar admission Additional Qualifications
- Experience as a practicing lawyer, gained in private practice,
a regulatory agency, and/or a multifaceted in-house legal
- A self-starter that finds opportunities to collaborate with
colleagues and partners.
- Excellent legal savvy, communication and stakeholder management
- Experience with analyzing sophisticated issues, exercising
judgement, applying critical thinking to tackle problems and
recommending practical customer-focused solutions.
- Ability to embrace an agile way of working and manage the
demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with U.S. securities and/or banking laws, or legal
experience in a highly regulated industry is a plus. Who We Are:
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the
global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the
world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and
standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating
risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands
of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020,
DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at
more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: DTCC, Jersey City , Assistant General Counsel, Legal , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!