Company: Beacon Health Options
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 28, 2020
Beacon Health OptionsJob Category: Clinical - EAPReq #:
EAPCO02733Schedule: Full TimeLocation: NJ - Jersey CityWe Help
People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a
'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you click
'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon is currently seeking an EAP Counselor to join our team at
our Jersey City, NJ client office. The EAP Counselor serves as a
key Beacon interface with the client company. The EAP Counselor
provides guidance to client organizations regarding behavioral
problems in the workplace, handles contacts/requests /referrals
from client organization management regarding troubled employees,
disruptive events, training and other events impacting the
workplace. This role also provides telephonic screening, triage and
referral assistance directly to members. The EAP Counselor is
responsible for promotional and program visibility activities to
promote the EAP. In addition, they will work closely with
management to follow work performance referrals; case manages Drug
Free Workplace program cases and fitness for duty and threat
assessment referrals. The EAP Counselor also provides short-term,
solution focused counseling to employees, while assisting with
external referrals as appropriate. The EAP Counselor is physically
located at the client workplace location determined by the client
company, or may work in a call center environment or remote
What does a typical day look like?
- Provides short-term, solution focused counseling to employees
on a voluntary basis on-site at site locations as assigned or
- Ensures continuity of patient care through contact with
providers as needed.
- May be requested to answer inbound calls to assist members
- Conducts brief telephonic and in-person, clinical assessments
to determine appropriate level of care, per Beacon Health Options
criteria for medical necessity, and connects employees
- Must be knowledgeable about care resources and levels of care
- Coordinates with other Internal Partners to assure that patient
comprehensive treatment needs are met
- Utilizes case consultations with Clinical Management Team and
Medical Director for complicated or clinically urgent cases
- Maintains and inputs data into Care Connect for monthly,
quarterly and end of the year reports to meet reporting
requirements Maintains confidentiality and ethical and professional
- Applies Beacon Health Options policies and procedures
- Maintains individual productivity and performance
- Interfaces with external and internal customers to ensure
optimal efficiency of service
- Contributes to staff meetings and clinical conferences.
- Local travel may be required to meet site specific utilization
or organizational support needs. Other travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned
What you Contribute?
Education:Minimum of a master's degree in mental health related
discipline or a minimum of an associate's degree in nursing with
related psychiatric nursing experience.
Licensure:Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or
territory of the United States in a mental health field (Ph.D.,
LCSW, MFT, MHC or LPC). CEAP, SAP and/or SAE credentials
Work Experience:Three (3) to five (5) years direct practice
experience in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment. Experience
in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care
preferred. Employee Assistance Professional experience is
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Group presentation and public speaking skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Experience with computer based information systems and keyboard
skills sufficient to type 40 40 words per minute.
- Comprehensive understanding of Beacon Health Options Policies &
Procedures, Clinical Criteria and Benefit Plan requirements of the
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job - it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & well-being incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Jersey City , EAP COUNSELOR, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!