Senior User Experience Design Lead
Company: TD Ameritrade
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 19, 2021
High tech with the right touch. Your ideas can lead us forward.
At TD Ameritrade, the health and safety of our employees and
candidates is our highest priority, and we have recently
transitioned the majority of our employees to working from home.
While we are still actively recruiting, due to the current
situation related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made some
critical changes to our recruiting process that eliminates the need
for any face to face contact. As your application progresses, you
can expect interviews to be conducted either on the phone or via
video conference. Our Talent Acquisition Partners will guide you
throughout the interview process and will be on hand to answer any
questions you might have. TD Ameritrade truly believes in the value
of customer-focused design and considers it a key function of our
continuing success. The Experience Design Group is the center of
excellence for research, online strategy, and user experience
design. Our goal is to make TD Ameritrade the better firm for
today's investor by designing outstanding client experiences that
differentiate us from our competition. The Senior Specialist serves
as the person responsible for the information architecture,
interaction, and visual design for TD Ameritrade's thinkorswim web
platform. This individual will drive user research and work senior
leaders and key partners to design concepts and experiences
communicated in the form of wireframes, designs and clickable
prototypes that can be tested with end-users. This role requires a
confident and creative individual with a versatile set of hands-on
skills to collaborate with fellow strategists and technologists on
a collaborative agile, agency-like team. The ideal candidate must
show a strong dedication to truly out-of-the-box thinking validated
through user testing. Responsibilities:
- Facilitate brainstorming and sketching exercises for
- Lead site architecture sessions and site framework vision.
- Present design work to encourage business partners to ensure
projects are high impact and successfully executed.
- Approach responsive web design systematically.
- Advocate for use of the design system and standards across
- Experience in standard methodologies and implementation.
- Drive consensus through validated user research methods and
understanding business goals.
- Lead usability testing methodologies and strategic user
- Participate in usability testing practices by note-taking,
scriptwriting, and moderating.
- Stay abreast of constantly evolving web and mobile
- Conduct visual design QA and communicate issues to QA and
technology to ensure that design is implemented as envisioned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer
Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology,
Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent
- 4-7 years designing Web-based or mobile transactional products
and large-scale consumer websites or applications.
- Proficient in tools like Mural, Figma, Invision & Sketch
- Demonstrable ability to develop and execute creative ideas
through the creation of wireframes and high-fidelity
- Solid grasp of design principles (layout, color, typography,
- Self-motivated customer-focused and a dedicated teammate.
- Ability to define ideas down to a specification level.
- Excellent communicator, facilitator, and storyteller
- Good project management skills; ability to plan, lead, and
execute under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced Agile team
- Knowledge of trading systems a plus
- Online portfolio or samples of work (i.e., mockups, prototypes,
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of
requirements listed. Get Job Alerts and Introduce Yourself Receive
the latest career opportunities TD Ameritrade is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe that People
Matter. We value diversity and believe that it transcends race,
national origin, age, marital status, gender identity / expression,
sexual orientation, citizenship status, service in the armed
forces, disability, thoughts, ideas and perspectives. Our
commitment to building an inclusive culture is aimed at attracting
and retaining diverse talent, clients and shareholders to the firm.
It's a belief that's core to the success of our organization. If
you need assistance or require a reasonable accommodation with the
recruitment process, please email
zHRsharedservices@tdameritrade.com. We will be happy to assist you.
The request for an accommodation will not affect our hiring
decisions. All other applications should be submitted online
Keywords: TD Ameritrade, Jersey City , Senior User Experience Design Lead, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!