Corporate Loan Services Associate
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
SMBC Group is a member of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT -
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money
laundering activities, federal law requires all financial
institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that
identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for
you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address,
date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify
you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other
identifying documents. Posting Date 2 weeks ago (7/16/2020 4:45 PM)
Career Category Loans Position ID 2019 - 0902 Corporate Title
Associate Type Fulltime-Regular Overview Japanese Corporate Loan
Services is a part of the Business Control group and is responsible
for providing operational support for a syndicated or bilateral
loan portfolio originating from JDAD Corporate Loan Operations. The
Associate position for the Servicing section supports, guides and
directs the team's servicing specialists and/or administrators.
This is a tactical and transactional role with a broad range of
responsibilities related to the department and the bank's
objectives. Associates are responsible for following established
guidelines to identify and resolve problems and frequently
exercises discretion on matters of varying complexity in
consultation with experts and peers. This role has 1-2 direct
reports, 7 indirect reports, and will sometimes needs to act as a
delegate for the Department Head.-- Responsibilities
- Works closely with other Associate staff and Department Head to
process all daily servicing events.
- Manages end-to-end servicng work flow; assists in prioritizing
team tasks in accordance with departmental objectives.
- Assists loan specialists to ensure loan servicing transactions
are accurate and approved.
- Trains and coaches staff; where necesssary.
- Generates reports to monitor and track department activity;
verifies reports for data integrity.
- Manages and leads new business and product initiatives as
- Liaises with technology partners in the project management and
implementation of upgrades, maintenance, system testing or new
- Adheres to all applicable internal and external regulatory
polices and procedures
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises to ensure smooth
recovery of applications in the event of unplanned business
- Trains and coaches staff; provides daily performance feedback
and technical expertise as needed. Qualifications
- 7+ years of comparable or relevant experience- Advanced ability
to interpret credit agreements and related documentation.
- Experience managing a team of loan specialists in a banking or
financial institution. Skills:
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, LoanIQ
- Expert ability to interpret credit agreements and related
- Advanced understanding of all aspects of loan or deal
administration functions (including all aspects of funding).
- Functional experience managing processes and projects across
multiple business and technical areas.
- Broad experience with collateral agency, depository agency,
subscription deals, project financing, real estate loan products,
construction loan, lease financing and other products serviced by
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to
set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance
- Keen ability to work with a diverse cultural organization
across the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor
progress towards goals, and track activities.
- Customer focused team player with expert verbal, written and
interpersonal communication skills. Operational Abilities:
- Interpret credit agreements and related documentation
- Experienced in varieties of loan servicing including all
aspects of funding
- Follow instructions very well; detail-oriented
- Understand all aspects of deal/loan administration functions
- System Responsibilities
- Use of LIQ preferred, but not required, or like loan
- Advanced understanding of all aspects of loan or deal
administration functions (including all aspects of
funding).Understanding of bilateral and syndicated deal
- Trouble-shoot basic loan related functional problems/issues
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial group.
Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC Group
offers a diverse range of financial services, including banking,
leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Group
has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide in nearly
40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is the
holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the three largest
banking groups in Japan. SMFG's shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya,
and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.
In the Americas, SMBC Group has a presence in the US, Canada,
Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. Backed by the capital
strength of SMBC Group and the value of its relationships in Asia,
the Group offers a range of commercial and investment banking
services to its corporate, institutional, and municipal clients. It
connects a diverse client base to local markets and the
organization's extensive global network. The Group's operating
companies in the Americas include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
(SMBC), SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SMBC Capital Markets,
Inc., SMBC Rail Services LLC, Manufacturers Bank, JRI America,
Inc., SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc., Banco Sumitomo Mitsui
Brasileiro S.A., and Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co.,
SMBC is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Jersey City , Corporate Loan Services Associate, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!