Business Development & Strategy Associate
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 3, 2021
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk
(Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in
insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can
make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other
emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records.
We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending,
and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on
complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a
commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact
sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to
balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our
"returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the
workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual
Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market
innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value.
But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work;
create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the
support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We
have received the Great Place to Work-- Certification for the fifth
consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best
Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture
of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse
workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity
supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and
lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for an accomplished Business Development and
Strategy Associate to support the Verisk Claims Division leadership
team in our strategic goal of revolutionizing how the Property and
Casualty Claims function is delivered. Using your ability for deep
analysis and evaluation of our served markets and adjacencies, both
in immediate and extended time horizons, you will improve our
strategies and competitiveness, through the expansion of our
solutions and ecosystems. To be successful in this role, you should
exhibit a strong track record in competitor analysis, opportunity
identification and corporate strategy.
- Conduct and lead various research efforts including market
analyses, examining industry trends, tracking competitive
landscape, interacting with company financials, etc.
- Create and present market maps and whitepapers of relevant
sectors, regions, and companies of interest.
- Identify, assess, and develop near-term and long-term business
development opportunities, organic or inorganic, for fit with
Verisk Claims strategic focus areas.
- Manage a sourcing plan through online research, outreach, and
other means to stay current with 'insurtech' company activity.
- Develop relationships with tech incubators, investors, and
other sources of potential partners in line with new capability
- Schedule meetings between companies of interest and respective
Claims BU partners. Create company meeting preparation
- Perform additional assignments as requested and proactively
identify value-adding projects and initiatives.
- Thinks strategically, with the ability to quickly understand
varied strategies, business challenges and innovation needs within
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to work independently, managing timelines and
- Proactive and action-oriented, anticipates needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, management and
- Outstanding team player, strong work ethic, and
- High proficiency with regularly used software applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA).
- Good understanding of technology
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a business or technical
years of experience
- Minimum of 3-plus years of related experience
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal
opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes
sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email
address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk
property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting
from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Keywords: ISO, Jersey City , Business Development & Strategy Associate, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!