Safety & Facilities Design Coordinator
Company: Akorn, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Provide support for environmental, health and safety matters for
the Somerset site including maintaining compliance with federal,
state, and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs, audits, permits
and ensure compliance. Support the development and coordination of
all EHS related programs and SOPs. Maintain compliance with OSHA,
DOT, EPA, IATA, MCUA and local Fire Marshall.
- Maintain logs, documentation manage records and assist in
regulatory audits and inspections.
- Maintain revision control, and archive electronic and paper (as
required) engineering drawings for the Facility including all
buildings, utilities, grounds, laboratories, offices, manufacturing
areas, and process equipment.
- Ensure critical engineering drawings follow all applicable
change control procedures.
- Active participation in the safety committee and provide daily
guidance and direction with EHS programs to re-enforce safety
policies, guidelines and procedures established by the
- Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analyses, accident,
near miss, investigations and corrective actions.
- Participate and assist in the development, management and
training of all EHS required programs.
- Ensure all hazardous materials, universal, non-hazardous and
medical waste are handled, labeled and/or shipped in accordance
with regulatory guidelines.
- Arrange for the purchase and distribution of personal
protective equipment, including safety shoes and prescriptive
- Manage the fire and sprinkler inspection, fire extinguisher,
safety shower and eyewash inspections and records.
- Manage Safety Data Sheet record keeping and updating the
- Manage and ensure the cleanup and response to all emergencies
are handled in accordance with the state and federal
- Manage sampling and reporting as required by the site's water
- Stay current on all new safety and environmental regulations as
they apply to the site.
- Draft and review SOP's on an ongoing basis. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in a production or manufacturing
environment, pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in AutoDesk AutoCAD
- DOT certified and OSHA 40 hrs certified. CIH and IATA certified
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are
required to work a 40-hour week, most of which has to be during
"regular" business hours. At times it may be necessary to work
additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to
Safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection (as required), and
hard hat (as required).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to obtain and evaluate information in an effective
and efficient manner
- Ability to identify issues and interact with other
- Ability to understand written instructions as well as verbal
direction. Must be able to multi-task, and succeed in an
environment with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Must be able to meet attendance standards. All full-time
employees are required to work a 40 hour work week. At times it may
be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required
tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
- Work will primarily be completed in an office environment.
However, there will be a portion of the employees' time on the
production floor, which could require certain Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) that will be provided by the employer.
-- Company Overview Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company
that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded
prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health
products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and
non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral
liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its
products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists,
physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers,
distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government
agencies. EEO Statement Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We
do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or
any other employment practices for reasons of race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital
or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected
Keywords: Akorn, Inc., Jersey City , Safety & Facilities Design Coordinator, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!