MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Plans the scope, timing, and objectives of financial and
operational audits as well as special projects. Ability to work
effectively with Information Technology auditors to perform
integrated internal reviews across key business processes and
* Develops or updates audit programs for each assignment based
on risk assessment or pre-audit fieldwork.
* Develops Audit Plan including time and dollar budgets.
* Conducts fieldwork in accordance with Audit Plan and approved
programs and guidelines.
* Completes work with direction and oversight and contributes to
the success of the work.
* Effective at working with team members and external auditors
and experience with SOX control walkthroughs and testing, including
the design of key controls.
* Assist in planning the scope of work for each assigned
* Prepare, organize and reference work papers for supervisory
review; coordinate receipt of audit materials required to analyze,
test and evaluate the entity's control environment
* Provide input to compliance requirements of key processes
across the organization
* Conduct interviews and walkthroughs; identify control
weaknesses / helps assess their financial or other impact,
accounting/reporting deficiencies and/or business
productivity/efficiency opportunities; discusses practical
solutions with management
* Presents or assists in presenting oral or written reports to
management during and at the conclusion of each engagement.
* Communicates audit recommendations to management and performs
follow-up reviews, as required, to assess the implementation status
of prior audit recommendations.
* BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, Mathematics, or Business
Administration. Professional certification a plus (e.g., CPA, CISA,
* 3+ years of experience in public accounting, internal audit,
accounting, or a combination thereof.
* Knowledge of risk assessment, accounting and auditing
principles; understanding of internal control framework concepts,
including Sarbanes-Oxley, Model Audit Rule, and GAAP best
* Background with demonstrated knowledge of internal control
concepts and risk-based audit techniques.
* Must be a team-oriented individual and able to work
independently when needed.
* Ability to multi-task and participate in multiple projects and
completing them in an accurate and timely manner.
* Must be able to create new and/or modify risk-based audit
programs and procedures as needed.
Internationally-known organization looking to grow out it's
internal audit department.
Competitive base salary with bonus potential and benefits.