Sea Logistics Pricing Assistant Manager
Company: Kuehne & Nagel Logistics, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Sea Logistics team in our NYC (Jersey City) branch is in
search for a new team member to work as a pricing analyst.
This role will have 2 main tasks: Tender/Project Management and
Pricing. This entails working closely with various teams (Sea
Logistics Trade, Sales, Operations, Legal, IT) to manage bid
requests for global key account and house account customers, and to
develop pricing and strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities
- 50% - Tender/ Project Management
- Manage RFQ process for over 300 global key accounts as a
- Guide and coordinate with sales, trade managers, and regional
- Formulate timeline and drive completion of each RFQ
- Identify gaps in information and support problem solving
throughout the RFQ process
- Post mortem should RFQ result in failure
- 40% - Sea Freight Pricing Management
- Develop pricing strategy to handle quote requests for global
key account customers
- Consult clients on their sea logistics supply chain logistics
- Negotiate buy rates with carrier vendors. Ensure coverage of
the quoted export sell rates upon official award announcement
- Quote, analyze and manage pricing for 5 US export trade
- Calculate and analyze total spend, gross and net profit to
determine supply chain financial sustainability
- Develop additional functionality for software based tender
- Maintain relationship with carrier vendors
- Track and analyze carrier performance
- Maintain existing business and generate new clientele
- Create operations guide to coordinate global offices in order
to maintain smooth supply chain processes
- 10% - Supply Chain Data Analysis
- Utilize supply chain and logistics knowledge and advanced
analytics to support and manage Sea fright pricing/ trade lanes
- Create solutions to reduce costs, risks, and improve tender
- Develop and utilize software solutions to audit and normalize
big data used for analysis
- Discover patterns found in mixed data streams. Build data
visualization dashboards in Tableau (a data visualization software)
with a purpose to formulate supply chain decisions
Your Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor degree in Business; or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Analytical skills related to supply chain, logistics, and
- Possess solid PC operational knowledge along with MS Office
- Knowledge in Project Management.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated to produce outstanding
- Detail oriented.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment
Keywords: Kuehne & Nagel Logistics, Inc., Jersey City , Sea Logistics Pricing Assistant Manager, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!