Sr. Associate, Finance PMO Project Manager
Company: New York Life
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: May 31, 2021
When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that
values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and
diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being
part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing.
Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career
while developing personally and professionally.
As a member of the Finance Project Management Office team, the
Project Manager will play a key role in driving projects from
inception through completion. The Project Manager will lead project
facilitation across the Finance portfolio of work using project
management methods & tools in support of key project deliverables.
Project manager will provide Project Management support for
projects such as GBS integration, SAP migration and/or other funded
and approved Finance Projects. The Finance PMO Project Manager
should have experience with Waterfall and Agile PM project
- Effectively assigns tasks and allocates resources for meeting
goals within budget and timeline.
- Identify issues and possible risks to project goals and
deadlines and coordinate for solutions.
- Creates accountability among project team members to drive on
time delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
- Proactively anticipates risks, opportunities, dependencies and
costs, plan resources, milestones and deliverables to manage and
- Provide recommendations to address challenges, risks, and
- Coordinate with testers to make sure test scripts and test
results are effectively captured.
- Make sure that all required controls for project are met and
reviewed with project team.
- Manage and coordinate production implementation for
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (ie. status
reporting, escalation of issues/risks) are needed for
communications to core project team members and to management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Project Management professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred.
- Project Management Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile). Requires
in-depth expertise in Project Management knowledge and
- Change Management
- Excellent analytical skills, independent thinking and ability
to exercise judgment.
- Skilled in project software: Sharepoint, MS Project, MS
- Knowledge of tools such as JIRA or Rally preferred.
- Basic understanding of life insurance/financial services
- Ability to build reports with appropriate details for varying
- 5+ years of relev
- Experience in Project Management within the Insurance/Finance
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies,
New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a
culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our
Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life,
so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At
Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the
Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 83618SF
Keywords: New York Life, Jersey City , Sr. Associate, Finance PMO Project Manager, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!