Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst (SOC)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or
small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value
passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to
find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking
for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and
steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone
who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting
challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek
someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and
motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you
can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place
Join us as a Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst (SOC)!
The Sr. Cyber Security Operations Analyst will play a
significant role in our Security Operations Center team (SOC),
reviewing and handling several security controls, and providing
operational insight to complete management of the Cyber threats.
Protecting the Bank ensures that we're able to deliver solutions
securely protecting BBH's digital assets and our clients.
* Day to day operations of BBH's Cyber Intelligence Monitoring
and Threat analysis.
* Provide log analysis, real-time intrusion analysis, incident
response, and security monitoring using a wide array of industry
leading tools and technologies
* Respond and perform analysis and risk assessment of all
security events and incidents.
* Provide related documentation in support of BBH regulatory
guidelines (FFIEC, SOC2, NYDFS, etc..) and auditing initiatives
* Bi-weekly and Monthly reporting.
Cyber Security Operations Center
* Maintain a working relationship with a 24x7 external cyber
intelligence and threat monitoring service (MSSP) in support of our
* Engage in security investigations and use tools to identify
and report the outcomes of incidents to senior management.
* Participate in discussions around security events and
activities with various non-technical and technical parties.
* Collaborate with various teams to manage security
investigations and provide prevention solutions for cyber
* Follow the firm's project management, SDLC disciplines to
insure structured effectiveness in implementation and
Vulnerability Management Program
* Responsibilities in working with tools in for identifying the
firm's security vulnerabilities.
* Troubleshoot and work with vendors in identifying security
* Collaborate with application and operation system teams to
remediate any security vulnerability findings.
* Support 3rd party testing of the firm's cyber security
* Recommend, and apply best practices for addressing ongoing
Security Operations and Response tools
* Help support security tools that monitor the firm's security
configuration, changes, health and baselines; such as SIEM,
Anti-Virus and other cyber tools.
* Respond to Endpoint protection and malware detection tools
alerts following response templates.
* Makes suggestions on tuning alert volumes.
* Makes sure responses are remediated within SLA.
* Relevant or similar work experience in some of the following
areas: * Vulnerability & Patch management
* Malware analysis and remediation / Data Analysis
* Security Incident Response
* Security Operations management and maintaining IT general
* Designing and Operating enterprise security controls
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) or advanced degree highly
* Expertise with security assessment methodologies
* Some knowledge of networking protocols and related
* Interest in packet analysis and forensic tools
* Familiar with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Firewalls, Sandboxing,
and other security tool terminology
* Interested in scripting with Bash, Batch, Perl, or Python
* Data Analysis using Excel
* Interest in Unix/Linux & Windows operating systems and
* Data analysis of various security logs
* Interest in security trends and threat intelligence
* SIEM technologies and correlation.
* Familiarity in cyber security forensics is a plus
* Some rotating, 24 x 7 on-call responsibility
What We Offer:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside
your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all
business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges,
and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health,
financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and
family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and
help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status under federal, state or local law.