Safety and Security Manager
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Why you'll love this job:
The Security Manageris an important component of the Global
Security Management strategy. Each team, led by a dedicated
Security Manager, is trained on security policies, procedures and
possesses the appropriate skill sets and tools to deter and prevent
unauthorized access to DTCC facilities, compartmentalized data
centers, equipment and buildings that protect or house sensitive
data and information technology assets. The Security Manager is
responsible for the convergence of physical and electronic
resources such as locks, biometrics, smart cards, keys, physical
barriers, and processes along with trained security personnel to
achieve its primary objectives.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Lead regional security operations and processes.
- Leading the physical security teams, including 24/7 security
services for routine operations, internal and external events, and
a reception team
- Handling incidents with swift resolution, minimal disruption,
and identifying areas of improvement to continually optimize
- Establishing relationships with internal partners to enable
their work and to maintain a secure working environment
- Providing both quantitative and qualitative program overview
reports to Physical Security leadership on a frequent basis
- Emergency management and incident response, including
preparation of emergency operations plans
- Strong understanding of Global Security Operations Center
(GSOC) operations and using GSOC resources to facilitate seamless
security services at an enterprise level
- Familiarity working alongside physical security systems
- Provides direct oversight of the GSOC including assessing
incidents and leading performance of a 24 hour per day and seven
day a week operations center.
- Developing, implementing, and leading GSOC programs.
- Provide vital training to GSOC analysts.
- Develop and conduct drills to maintain outstanding GSOC
- Provide and promote high standards of professionalism,
integrity and leadership, both within and outside the organization,
appropriately representing DTCC core values, business philosophies,
protocols and standards.
- Develop and standardize workflows, KPIs, metrics,
documentation, and training.
- Provide oversight and leadership regarding security personnel
and risk management, security training and development, loss
prevention mitigation and investigative support, fiscal management,
technical and Pass Administrative support.
- Implementing department security protocols and standards in
addition to maintaining and establishing baseline security
- Provide strategic input to help fulfill the over-all department
vision and critical objectives
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day
responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills with
demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with
strong attention to detail and a proven track record to take
ownership of multiple projects and tasks, seeing them to execution
- Experience responding to alarms, drafting incident reports,
visitor management, and routine patrols within a corporate
- Experience conducting training, site audits, and drafting
standard operating procedures for a corporate security team
DTCC safeguards the financial markets
and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis.
We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading
activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every
day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining
multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand,
we can anticipate the industrys needs and were working to
continually improve the worlds most resilient, secure and efficient
market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver
innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and
bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do
their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing
teamwork. When you join our team, youll have an opportunity to make
meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a
thought leader in both the financial services and technology
industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living.
Its the chance to make a difference at a company thats truly one of
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness
of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing,
measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including
credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in
all existing and new products, activities, processes and
The Global Security Management department provides a general and
specialized work force to enforce the rules, regulations, and
procedures of DTCC. Responsible for the protection of all DTCC
assets, to include the protection of data processing and
telecommunications equipment, and to provide a safe and secure
workplace for employees.
Keywords: DTCC, Jersey City , Safety and Security Manager, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!