Company: Elephant Insurance
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 3, 2021
About the Herd
Elephant is a direct to consumer automobile insurance company,
based in Richmond, VA. We believe people who like what they do, do
it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and friendly company
culture. We encourage a climate of individual contribution,
long-term commitment, and profitable growth.
Elephant Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of Admiral Group
plc. Admiral is the second largest auto insurer in the UK with
subsidiaries in France, Italy, and Spain.
- Elephant offers medical, dental, vision insurance
- Elephant offers an additional supplemental benefits fund that
you can use to buy additional benefits that you can apply to a gym
membership, additional life insurance, cancer and accident coverage
or health savings accounts
- Stock grants and stock dividends for all employees
- Elephant offers a competitive 401k option
- 22 days of Paid Time Off a year
Elephant is currently seeking an Actuarial Analyst to support
our long-term business goals of building a profitable, sustainable,
and growing business. As an Actuarial Analyst, you will be
responsible for creating and updating monthly reports, developing
quarterly reserve and loss ratio projections, and completing
exhibits for our financial statements. This position reports
to the Reserving Manager. This position requires an
individual to manage multiple assignments concurrently and
demonstrate the ability to work independently. A successful
candidate would excel at analytical thinking and be comfortable
communicating technical results to senior management and
The Actuarial track is focused on furthering a candidate’s
development within the field of Actuarial Science; study hours and
exam assistance are provided by Elephant. Associates may have
an opportunity for a rotation into the Pricing Department to
further their knowledge of actuarial techniques.
- Proactively monitoring loss ratio trends and communicating
findings to management.
- Developing indications of ultimate loss and loss adjustment
expenses on a quarterly basis and communicating conclusions and
proposals to senior management.
- Coordinating with Management Information Systems (MIS) to
implement changes to system reserves and maintain our actuarial
- Producing projections of ultimate underwriting loss ratio on a
quarterly basis, partnering with Pricing on rate level analysis,
and communicating proposals for senior management.
- Completing Schedule P exhibits for the annual Statutory
- Completing Solvency II technical provision data calls for IFRS
Group consolidated reporting.
- Providing recommendations to management regarding appropriate
cover for Catastrophic Excess of Loss Reinsurance.
- Partnering with Claims, Accounting, Finance, MIS, and Pricing
- Other analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial
Science, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or
other related business or quantitative discipline
- 2+ Years of Experience
- Successful completion of one or more Actuarial Exams (P,
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Some computer programming knowledge (SAS, SQL, R, or other
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem-solving skills, and
attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to
communicate technical concepts and results to a wide audience
Keywords: Elephant Insurance, Jersey City , Actuarial Analyst, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!