Jersey City - will also consider remote in US
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables
businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency
and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial
applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100
million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly
10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while
storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency
assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest
growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion
in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's
transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are
giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce
applications that hold the promise of raising global economic
prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through
programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief
that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global
economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive,
efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global
economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely
connect and transact with each other with new technologies for
digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for
people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the
values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We
are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our
shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and
our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence,
and High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Product Analyst, youll join a data-driven risk team
focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the
best possible customer experience and mitigating the associated
risks. You will conduct in-depth analysis to draw insight around
product improvements. You will make use of your analysis to test
and implement business logic that reduces the sources of financial
and reputational risk for the business. We're looking for
ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a
collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
What you'll work on:
- Perform complex data analysis on customer behavior, risk
strategies and rule accuracy and performance to draw insights and
propose applicable changes.
- Design, test, implement and monitor logic for new or existing
risk rules around KYC, fraud, account-takeovers and anti-money
- Develop risk management policies and procedures as well as
thorough Risk Frameworks for optimal decision making.
- Monitor fraud risks on an ongoing basis (on-boarding and post
on-boarding) and identify ways to enhance our controls to minimise
fraud risk and financial losses.
- Develop, analyse and improve the relevant risk scoring systems
(Frameworks / ML Models) for optimal real time decision
- Contribute to both our automated monitors and alerts to keep
tabs on any abnormalities in customer behavior, risk-rule
efficiency and performance and also our dashboards that deliver
valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Design, calculate and monitor Risk goals and KPIs.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of all risk related
- Automate risk processes, where possible, with the relevant
tools to ensure scalability of all risk operations.
- Support all other Risk Team workload (i.e onboarding, customer
support, troubleshooting, dispute management, etc) and business
needs (data requests, reporting, etc) as required.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder -you have dedication and
commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families
and local communities.
- Mindful -you seek to be respectful, an active
listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence -you are driven by our
mission and our passion for customer success which means you
relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity
and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity -you seek open and honest
communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical
standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 3+ years experience as Data Analyst in a data intensive
environment, working with large data sets.
- 3+ years experience working in payments, risk or chargeback /
- Advanced SQL skills required (postgreSQL, Redshift, Athena) to
extract and model data from a variety of data sources.
- Additional technical skills a plus (E.g. Python).
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably on the technical side in
Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Engineering or
- Ability to take initiative and find creative and scalable ways
to solve problems.
- Interest and knowledge of data and statistics.
- Ability to work effectively in fluid environments using
time-management and prioritization skills.
We are anequal opportunity employerand value
diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you currently have authorization to work in the US? *
Will you, now or in the future, require the support of Circle to
maintain that authorization? *
How did you hear about the role? What made you apply for this
Description of the most interesting data analysis project you've
worked on (key findings, obstacles, impact, etc). Can you provide a
sample of your work which might be relevant to this job? Link or
How would you rate your experience with SQL? Please justify your
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your
personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy
noticehere for more information on how we will be using your
personal information. By submitting your application, you agree
that you have read and understood thecandidate privacy notice .