Senior Analyst, Demand Planning (Kipling)
Company: VF Corporation
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Senior Analyst, Demand Planning (Kipling): Become the Newest
Member of the VF Family
At Kipling we lighten your step, powering your curiosity, to go
your own way. #Live.Light
We are looking for a skilled Demand Planning Analyst to join our
VF Family. Come join our Kipling Team at Americas headquarters in
Jersey City, New Jersey!
The Senior Demand Planning Analyst will be responsible for
analyzing historical data and identifying current trends to develop
unconstrained demand forecasts. You will share these forecasts with
cross functional teams including finance, sales, and merchandising.
Forecasts will impact seasonal purchasing and in-season inventory
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Consolidate regional demand to inform supply chain of future
needs related to materials, vendor capacity, and buy timing.
- Generate seasonal forecasts at various levels (top downs /
bottoms up) using historical data, point-of-sale data, trend
inputs, account plans, promotion strategies and product
- Responsible for building annual plans for budgets to support
sales and margin goals
- Assist in the creation and tracking of the financial
- For assigned categories, provide forecasts and other inputs
into consensus demand planning process which includes sales,
merchandising, product, and finance teams. Align on open to buy
- Responsible for maintaining forecast in system at style / color
and monthly level.
- Measure forecast accuracy utilizing agreed upon KPI's (such as
MAPE & BIAS).
- Partner closely with supply planning counterparts to determine
monthly buy guidelines and align on inventory risks.
- Provide seasonal demand reporting to key stakeholders on an
- Submit monthly financial forecasting materials for sales,
margin, inventory excess
- Partner with Global Planning teams for forecast consolidation,
projects as needed
- Proactively develop ad hoc analyses and recommendations to
support business objectives.
- Provide key inputs into the S&OP process.
- Demonstrate product expertise for assigned categories.
Skills for Success:
- Experience working in a multi-channel environment - both
wholesale and direct to consumer channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand, assess, & problem solve by leveraging
technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Advanced Excel Skills (pivot tables, macro's). Experience in
other analytical tools (big data) a plus.
- Prior experience with AS400 systems a plus.
- Self-starter with excellent follow through
- Excellent attention to detail
- Forecasting System experience, a plus
Educational/ Position Requirements:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years
- 3-5 yrs. experience in a Corporate Supply Chain environment;
demand or supply planning desired.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or
university (preferred concentration in Engineering, Supply Chain or
- APICS or IBF Certifications are a plus
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel estimated at 5% or less of the time
Keywords: VF Corporation, Jersey City , Senior Analyst, Demand Planning (Kipling), Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!