Technical Program Manager - C14 (R2059949)
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for managing
difficult and transformational strategic programs in our
organization with multiple teams through other managers. Requires
In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to
achieving the objectives of the function and deep problem solving
skills. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors'
products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to
the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough
understanding of strategic direction of the function within the
relevant part of the business, combined with a solid
conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of
expertise and related subject areas. Developed communication and
diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and
convince others, often at senior level, in particular colleagues in
other areas. Some external communication/negotiation may be
necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area
managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy.
Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy
formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s).
Technical Responsibilities -
- Accountable for planning and managing a group of related
technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from
inception through successful delivery.
- Integrate subject matter and industry expertise within a
defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively
integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and
contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic
commercial awareness. Cultivate operational excellence within your
teams. Understand service level agreements (SLA) and how your
systems are performing in relation to them.
- Have a deep understanding of the design approaches and
technologies utilized in your area. Keep technical debt in check.
Ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools.
- Work across multiple scrum teams. Work may be cross-cutting
across products, scrum teams, and/or technologies or your work may
be vertically focused on a single product or feature set.
- Understand the needs of the engineers and technical operations
teams who have to build, maintain, and operate the system for the
life of the system.
- Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by
working with software design engineers, principals, and TPMs.
- Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user
experience design components and work with vendors on our
implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership
opportunities to increase our development velocity and our
- Focus on the customer experience, Regulatory expectation and
mandates, the build and delivery processes and the problems to be
solved. Have a deep understanding of the business and technical
requirements for the solutions being built.
- Support roadmap-planning process and Write documentation as
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these
- Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off
decisions by considering all of the data including business goals,
technical platform strategy, customer experience,
- Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance as needed. The
product and delivery strategy is defined; the design is not.
- Ability to break down very complex technical projects, abstract
technical complexity and present this information to non-technical
stakeholders and decision makers.
- Align dependent organizations and remove/mitigate all blocking
issues, collaborating with Tech Leads, Principal Engineers,
Engineering Managers, Delivery and Product Managers.
- Identify blocking issues and manage their resolution,
anticipate bottlenecks and adequately factor in contingency for
unplanned delays. You identify, assess, track and mitigate issues
and risks at multiple levels. Determine if success metrics are in
place and if not, work to define them.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog
to resolve them.
- Communicate roll up of project issues and status in a concise,
accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership
consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
- Communicate upward and outward. Communicate progress,
anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify,
assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (preferably
computer science) or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or
- 5+ years of project/program management experience and working
directly with software development teams.
- 4+ years of agile methodology
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking
capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and
collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service
from the ground up and/or experience with external facing
production systems preferred. Significant experience building
complex business and/or transactional models.
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize
well, communicate clearly and compellingly, effectively influencing
across cross functional teams
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Jersey City , Technical Program Manager - C14 (R2059949), Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!