Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small
businesses with innovative banking. By combining industry-leading
technology and security with our team's expertise and care, we've
helped 200,000+ businesses, funding more than $9 billion since
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial
services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long.
We're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to join our
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, we've recently raised $102.5M
and are backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures,
Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide
Insurance, and M12.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for a seasoned copywriter who has experience
translating complex concepts into clear, succinct, and consistent
copy across multi-channel customer experiences. You excel at
writing conversion-focused copy and have helped companies increase
customer acquisition and retention. You're passionate about
understanding the needs of small businesses and speaking their
language. We are a lean and scrappy marketing team so we are
looking for a team-player that will be open to occasionally taking
on responsibilities that are not uniquely that of a copywriter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write compelling, clear, and strategic copy that drives
business results and supports key marketing initiatives while
maintaining BlueVine's voice and tone.
- Collaborate with brand, communications, product, and marketing
teams to distill complex features into content across all marketing
channels in an engaging way that drives conversion. Though you will
drive copy, the work gets done as a team.
- Drive end-to-end execution of copy across various mediums,
including blogs, contributed content, emails, digital ads, web,
social media, and in-product communications.
- Lead the project management of your work, including feedback
from multiple stakeholders (at times more than 10) in different
settings, times, and mediums.
- Champion the value of consistent messaging, and ensure its
implementation across all forms of media.
- Digest performance metrics and optimize copy to ensure high
performance on digital ads, emails, and web pages.
- Help to evolve and define our brand voice and ongoing
communication and content strategies.
- Bring new content and thought leadership ideas and formats of
storytelling to BlueVine and its leaders.
- Contribute to weekly/monthly editorial calendars across our
- Edit and proofread all copy supplied by team members and
external partners for voice and tone.
- Provide a positive, respectful, and solution-oriented approach
to every interaction.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 4-6 years writing copy for a brand in an in-house creative
department or agency.
- Bachelor's degree with English/Advertising/Journalism focus is
- You're collaborative and have experience partnering with
designers, product marketing, and communications.
- You have experience ideating for integrated campaigns and new
- You're knowledgeable about testing copy (know the basics of A/B
testing) and love seeing which subject lines and CTAs perform.
- You iterate based on results and have ideally done this for
growth marketing campaigns.
- You have excellent writing and editing skills; Your writing is
concise and clear but can also be witty and punchy, and you're not
afraid to push industry boundaries.
- A positive attitude and a level head, with the ability to
clearly present and defend your work when you really believe in
- You can adjust BlueVine's brand voice and tone based on medium
- You're a fast learner, a self-starter/resourceful, and are
interested in learning about the financial needs of small
- You're flexible and amenable to last-minute changes to your
work or direction and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You take initiative, keep organized, and can handle multiple
projects at once without much direction.
- You're strategically minded, with strong problem-solving skills
and close attention to detail.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once we Return to Office:
- Free commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a
monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Keywords: BlueVine, Jersey City , Senior Copywriter, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!