Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Get ready for the BEST JOB you ever had!
Do you have a passion for preparing the highest quality food
that is delighting Guests around the world? Are you interested in
being part of a world class team committed to promoting from within
and preparing you for a CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to
join the Ruth's Chris family and join the company that defined The
American Steak House in 1965 and continues to set the standard for
quality and being a great place to work.
What We Offer: Flexible and predictable scheduling, competitive
pay, significant Team Member discounts, competitive health and
vacation benefits, an inclusive work environment committed to
diversity, structured career development, and growth
What We Ask: Come to work each shift with a great attitude and
ready to contribute to the success of the team, be willing to learn
from your Coach how to excel at your job, and work with us to
create an environment where everyone feels welcome and is able to
experience the Sizzle that is the Ruth's Chris experience.
We are looking forward to talking with you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the
correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and
cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Obtains station assignments from hostess/host or
Manager-on-Duty at the start of the work shift, correctly completes
all assigned opening and side work duties in a timely manner.
- Sets-up and restocks service stations before, during and after
service; restocks glassware, ice and other items needed for the
- Removes dishes, silverware, glassware and all other items when
guests are finished with entre course.
- Returns dirty dishware, glassware, utensils and linen to the
dishwashing area; sorts items according to the "decoy" system,
placing them in prescribed area for proper disposition.
- Clears all table items after Guest is finished and has left
- Resets vacated tables according to the procedures stated in the
RCSH training materials.
- Communicates to the service staff any requests or needs of the
- Assists service and steward staff in spot cleaning in dining
room, as needed.
- Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and
sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
- Performs all closing duties/side work before end of shift.
- Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a
seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards
and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet -
- Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
- Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on
the Guest experience
- Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine
interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
- Understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time,
at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant
- Ability to read, speak, and understand communication in
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares
and equipment) at a minimum of 35 pounds on a frequent basis
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel,
stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen
- Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and
holidays, as required
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises
from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and
- Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree
Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract,
express or implied. The content of this material is not
all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris
Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc., Jersey City , Busser, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!