Associate, Core Clearing
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage
industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor
trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed
dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online
trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We
believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of
curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers
In 2020, ETRADE joined Morgan Stanley, signaling a major
industry shift that brought Wall Street and Main Street together
more than ever before. As ETRADE's parent company, Morgan Stanley
plays an important role in expanding what we can offer to
investors, though E*TRADE still functions as an independent
This position is in strategic support of Clearing Operations
functions, these include but may not be limited to Purchase and
Sales, Settlements, Corporate Actions, and Custody Operations. This
role will consist of executing manual validation of Core Clearing
Examples: Validation and QC of Corporate Actions Elections,
Dividend Event announcement details, Settlement economics, Trade
- Work closely within the team and our vendor to ensure daily
processes are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Multitasking across multiple systems and email inboxes
- Identify and implement areas for process improvement and/or
- Act as a first level escalation contact
Minimum prior experience (Type of experience):
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years experience in Core Clearing or experience in a related
position in a high volume dynamic financial institution.
- Must be familiar with rules and regulations governing Trade
Reporting, Possession & Control, Settlement / Fail Control,
Corporate Action event processing.
- In depth knowledge of all security types (equities, fixed
income, mutual funds, options) and their associated data
Minimum skills/knowledge (skills and abilities necessary for
- Decision making and critical thinking competencies.
- Understanding of brokerage middle and back office processing
for various Clearing entities (DTCC, NSCC, OCC, Global Settlement
- Experience managing the definition and execution of
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Thorough understanding of business process management and
- Knowledge of DTCC, OCC, Bloomberg
- Knowledge of Corporate Action events (voluntary &
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Keywords: E*TRADE, Jersey City , Associate, Core Clearing, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!