QA Testing Lead
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Reporting to the BSA /AML QA Testing Director, the QA Testing
Unit VP provides assistance and support in the day to day
management of a team of compliance professionals that perform
targeted reviews that assess the design and operating effectiveness
of SMBC's BSA/AML and sanctions controls, adherence to the SMBC's
BSA/AML and sanctions policies, procedures, processes, as well as
applicable laws and regulations.
The QA Testing Unit VP assists with the broader planning and
day-to-day execution of unit's activities. The position draws upon
experience and sound judgement to help lead and manage the unit,
make decisions regarding the test plan matrices, testing scopes and
parameters, including the identification and evaluation of test
unit's related controls and procedures, in addition to evaluating
potential gaps and remediation plans to address potential concerns.
The role of the QA Testing Unit VP may include interaction with
stakeholders from various internal bank departments such as KYC,
Sanctions, FIU Investigations, Analytics, Program Management, Risk
and Control and Internal Audit, in addition to interaction with
external regulators when necessary.
- Perform and coordinate full-scope reviews, targeted reviews,
and / or special projects and related tasks as directed by the BSA
/AML QA Testing Director.
- Assist in managing a team performing BSA/AML and sanctions
related testing throughout SMBC's Americas Division.
- Assess compliance with BSA and sanctions related regulations
and established policies and procedures.
- Identify, test, and evaluate related controls and procedures to
determine that business procedures and controls are designed
appropriately and operating effectively.
- Scope, execute, and document properly designed BSA/AML and
sanctions compliance tests using appropriate sampling methods.
- Develop testing plan, procedures and test scripts for the
testing of program areas and products and services.
- Identify potential concerns & control gaps, determine the root
cause of identified issues, and help coordinate corrective action
plans with applicable stakeholders.
- Document detailed substantive work papers, prepare findings and
communicate to process owners and management.
- 7-10 years of specialized experience in Financial
- Minimum 5-7 years of BSA/AML/Sanctions compliance experience
(e.g. compliance, internal audit, AML Risk and Control, AML
Governance and Oversight, bank regulator).
- 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
- CAMS (Certified Anit-Money Laundering Specialist) certified or
other equivalent industry certification is strongly preferred
(including but not limited to CFE-Certified Fraud Examiner,
CPA-Certified Public Accountant, and Certified Regulatory
- Strong working knowledge of BSA/AML and sanctions laws and
regulations, and compliance requirements and standards that impact
a global financial services firm such as KYC/client risk rating,
transaction monitoring, suspicious activity reporting, client
screening/sanctions requirements, and risk assessments.
- Demonstrate project management or team leadership skills.
- Strong reporting writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify, document, present, and
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Japanese culture and
foreign banks in general is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of banking products and services.
- Strong relationship-building skills to manage internal
- Strong reasoning ability; understand complex situations, people
and systems needs against backdrop of an ever-changing regulatory
- Maintains high level of confidentiality; unquestionable
character, integrity and professionalism.
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Jersey City , QA Testing Lead, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!