Company: Jefferies Financial Group Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 7, 2021
This role is within the Corporate Control team, which is part of
Jefferies' Global Corporate Controllers organization. The Corporate
Control team performs various functions, including the accounting
processes pertaining to the month end close of the firm's books and
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Controller to join
our finance/accounting team to assume responsibility for key
corporate accounting processes focused around the recording, review
and reporting of certain financial statement accounts, including
Cash and Cash Equivalents and Other Assets and Other Liabilities.
The candidate must ensure the proper presentation of these
categories in connection with Jefferies consolidated financial
statements. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for
ensuring effective internal controls and compliance over all
transactions impacting the general ledger in conjunction with the
monthly financial close process.
This role performs various corporate control functions
- Reconciliation of various financial statement accounts, such as
Cash and Cash Equivalents, Intercompany Receivable and Payable,
Dividend Receivable and Payables and Suspense Accounts.
- Recording of monthly bank interest income and expense and month
end adjustments related to reconciling bank differences and
corresponding financial statement accounts, as well as managing the
escheatment / abandoned property process.
- Review and recording of daily intercompany funding
- Daily review and reporting of the intercompany receivable and
payables of Jefferies' primary U.S. broker dealer entity.
- Review of all transactions impacting the general ledger close
process, including illogical P&L and balance sheet balances,
topside adjustments, journals not posted and pending approval.
- Following the month end close perform a review of all manual
journal entries and dormant accounts for input into the monthly
- Review and recording of business development related
- Maintenance of supporting schedules and reconciliation of
subledger to general ledger balances across several balance sheet
categories, including Cash and Cash Equivalents, Other Broker
Receivables and Payables, Dividend Receivables and Payables.
- Frequent review and documentation of operational control
- Interface with various controllers globally as well as internal
and external auditors.
Required Background & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- CPA candidate a plus
- Significant experience with general ledger systems, such as
PeopleSoft is a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong communication, writing and documentation skills
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimal
Keywords: Jefferies Financial Group Inc., Jersey City , Corporate Controller, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!