Senior UX Designer
Company: The Bank of New York Mellon
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and highly creative
UX designer to lead the design of easy-to-use, intuitive and
enjoyable experiences for our flagship platforms used by thousands
of financial professionals and end-investors. You will join a
well-established user experience team and you will have the
opportunity to shape the future of both web-based and mobile
applications. You will partner with our product management team to
conceptualize and bring to life product ideas. The position offers
the opportunity to practice all aspect of user-centered design
including user research
- Partners with project stakeholder to define user and functional
- Partners with business analysts and product managers to
translate business and user requirements into successful UX design
- Conducts and/or leads user research, usability testing,
surveys, interviews, and heuristic evaluations. Presents and may
review documentation of research findings with product and
- Develops and designs innovative product concepts to illustrate
the design direction of large projects and initiatives
- Creates storyboards, information architecture, wireframes,
detailed user interface designs, interactive prototypes and user
interface specifications for our financial applications
- Collaborates with visual designers to help produce visually
appealing user interfaces
- Functions as a user advocate throughout the design process
- Creating UX deliverables in agile development environment
- Creates and maintains user experience guidelines and
- Helps with planning and executing user research studies
- Experience with all aspects of user-centered design techniques,
including user research methodologies such as contextual inquiries,
user interviews, user surveys and usability testing
- Experience with UX methodologies such as Design Thinking and
- Passion for doing what's best for the end-user through UI
design and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate product concepts through design and
translate such concepts into detailed user interfaces and
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools, particularly
Sketch, InVision and Figma.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience in implemented Lean UX in agile development
- Visual design skills a definite plus
- Very good understanding of web and mobile technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 6+ years of related experience
Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human
computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work
experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of
experience required, experience in the securities or financial
services industry is a plus.
- Performs and provides guidance and technical expertise for the
most complex user experience activities that include user research
and testing, interactive design, and visual design.
- Performs and leads user research, usability testing, surveys,
interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations. Reviews
documentation of research findings presented to product and
development teams. Reviews new and modified user personals.
- Actively participate and may provide guidance in the creation
of concepts, information architecture, user interface designs,
wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications to meet
- Leads the implementation of visual styles that support platform
branding to increase user effectiveness.
- Interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user
experience. Serves as reviewer of usability activities and
artifacts to ensure software applications meet customer
expectations for use.
- Provides UX expertise to the product definition and evaluation
process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work,
interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature).
- Independently performs and leads the creation and updating of
user interface and visual design guidelines and standards.
- Advocates the user experience across the firm and facilities
training for groups outside the UX team.
- Ensures that the developed/revised product achieves the user's
specified goals by establishing user-centered analysis, design,
best practices, and standards. Contributes to the achievement of
About The Company
BNY Mellon Pershing provides critical business process,
financial and technology solutions for financial organizations
around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power
transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment
advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act
fund managers and individual investors.
We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture
technology and financial solutions to support our customers'
growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them
respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our
industry and investors. From our core business as an
industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we
have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides
investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven
efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is
representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and
communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do
their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and
offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 96396
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 2108091
Keywords: The Bank of New York Mellon, Jersey City , Senior UX Designer, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!