Controllers - Scrum Master
Company: Goldman Sachs
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Associate-level Scrum Master will serve teams by
facilitating the Agile software development life cycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Facilitating Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for
- Assisting Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog
maintenance and prioritization and planning.
- Servings as teams' information radiator, representing the team
to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Effectively using metrics and data visualization to report
progress and support data-driven decision making.
- Facilitating estimation and planning both at the team and
- Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts
for delivery sprints and releases.
- Coaching developer, designer and product team members in Agile
practices, values and principles.
- Helping teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to
- Shielding the team from outside distractions, context switching
- Tracking and removing impediments.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and
coaching to higher levels of maturity
- Building a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration
and problem solving
- Participating in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 3 - 5 years experience as a Scrum Master for a software
development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles,
practices, and theory.
- Prior experience building and testing software or implementing
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean,
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile
techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration,
Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games,
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation,
situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement,
empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns
and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the
Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous
Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to
communication anywhere from the team level to C-level
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of
different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations,
different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and
Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study,
- Active participant in the Agile community.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHSAt Goldman Sachs, we commit our people,
capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the
communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading
global investment banking, securities and investment management
firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the
world. We believe who you are makes you better at what you do.
We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion
in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within
our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and
personally, from our training and development opportunities and
firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance
offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture,
benefits, and people at GS.com/careers. We're committed to finding
reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or
disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more:
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.Goldman
Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer
Keywords: Goldman Sachs, Jersey City , Controllers - Scrum Master, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!