MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Provide oversight and expertise in Internal Audit's assessment
of credit risks in the first and second lines of defense.
* The assessment of Credit Risk includes identification,
measurement, monitoring and management of credit risks at the
product and business level.
* The credit risk expertise should cover Trading and Banking
Book credit Risks. Trading credit risks include Derivative
counterparty risks, Cash and Structured credit risks. Banking Book
credit risks include risks relating to Loan origination, Wholesale
lending, Private Equity, Structured lending, Infrastructure and
Asset based financing.
* The assessment should include quality and effectiveness of
credit risk monitoring and mitigation practices at the Counterparty
and Portfolio level including concentrations where applicable.
* Lead / Manage where necessary global and regional Risk
Management Audits and ensure delivery of the relevant sections of
the Audit Plan.
* Maintain successful Interactions with CRO, Head of Credit and
Business Unit Heads as necessary.
* Assist in the annual risk assessment process wherever credit
risk is involved in Business unit entities and Credit Risk
Management audit entity.
* Effectively collaborate with other Global and Regional
Portfolio Directors across all regions and deliver assistance where
needed either in audits or other advisory matters.
* Perform continuous monitoring of Credit risks across the
* Provide Risk Management technical expertise in global and
regional audits with special emphasis on credit risk management
* Ensure proper audit coverage of credit risk regulatory
requirements particularly with reference Basel, Dodd Frank, PRA,
JFSA, BAFIN, SEC, FINRA and CFTC rules
* Develop and implement data analytics and automated testing
* Identify and formulate solutions to issues around Credit risk
related audit issues.
* Track implementation of recommended processes and procedures
designed to strengthen internal controls
* Provide effective leadership to RM audit team in the area of
credit risk including mentoring, training and sharing information
with other Internal Audit team members.
* Masters degree preferred. FRM, CFA or Risk Management
diplomas/certifications a plus.
* Work experience as a Senior Credit Risk manager in a large
financial services firm, or Senior Credit Risk consultant in a
* Possess expert-level knowledge of management of Trading and
Banking Book credit Risks. Trading credit risks include derivative
counterparty risks, Structured Credit, Prime brokerage and
Financing risks, collateral risk and Asset-backed securities.
Banking Book credit risks include risks relating to Loan
origination, wholesale lending, Private Equity, Structured lending,
infrastructure and Asset based financing.
* Strong understanding of credit risk governance, measurement
and monitoring, and credit risk mitigation and management
* Knowledge of Wholesale Banking businesses and activities,
trading and banking products and risk management processes for
Wholesale Banking businesses
* Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to Risk
Management, i.e., Basel credit risk and IRB capital rules, Dodd
Frank swap dealer rules
* Reasonable knowledge of general auditing principles, and best
practices and standards in Finance and other corporate functions,
* Strong in Project management, building relationships, staff
development, and communication in both oral and written forms
A financial services company that is looking to grow out its
internal audit department.
Competitive base salary with bonus potential and benefits.