Senior Java Engineer
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 12, 2021
What does a great Senior Java Engineer do? At Fiserv, our
technology engineering leaders bring an open and creative mindset
to developing our clients' solutions. We're looking for engineering
leaders who can work collaboratively and have experience in a range
of technologies. These leaders define solution architecture plus
have the tenacity and attention to detail to work through complex
problems. Our environment consists of modern APIs, micro-services,
third-party integrations, and cloud infrastructure. You will
interact with clients of leading financial institutions, product
managers, and software engineers to envision, design, and build
innovative produce and technology solutions supporting large scale
solutions. You will lead and influence agile teams of engineers
developing talent, ensuring high quality and innovation are in
place to help our clients' businesses.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 7-12 years of current experience as a member of engineering
teams in delivering resilient and high-volume technology solutions
built in Java/J2EE.
- Recent experience working with teams delivering with
Java/Spring Frameworks, Spring Boot
- Recent experience in developing 12 Factor cloud native
- Minimum 5 years hands-on software development experience
building RESTful API's including JSON over HTTPS.
- Messaging Architectures including Kafka, MQ and ESB
- Experience with various database technologies including both
relational and non-relational implementations (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile/Scrum
software delivery methodologies
- 7+ years hands-on software development experience designing,
writing, debugging, and testing object-oriented code.
- 5+ years working on high volume transactional systems including
- Experience with database design, performance tuning, and
- An advanced understanding of pattern languages & software
- Advanced knowledge of coding techniques contributing to the
reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance,
and testability of software
- A high level of proficiency working with modern CI/CD and
- A solid understanding of complex IT environments, including
networking, databases, security, and performance.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Financial/banking sector experience is an advantage
- Cloud Migration (Azure/PCF/Openshift/AWS)
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with file transfer technologies
Travel required: 15-20% Percentage/frequency of
Who We Are:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and
businesses move money and information every minute of every day.
Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations,
merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day,
behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet. Explore the
possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with
Keywords: Fiserv, Jersey City , Senior Java Engineer, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!