Senior Claims Adjuster
Company: Aspen Insurance Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 18, 2022
About usSince Aspen was founded in 2002, we have become a
leading, diversified specialty insurance and reinsurance company.
We respond thoughtfully and creatively to find the best outcomes
for our clients and business partners through carefully tailored
solutions.We believe the way we work is just as important as the
work we do, and we are guided by our core values of respect,
honesty, trust, and professionalism.Aspen is a great place to
develop your career offering an exciting and challenging
environment where achievement is rewarded.The roleThe Senior Claims
Adjuster for Management Liability Claims will be responsible for
evaluating and processing claims estimates and paid claims values,
in accordance with policy terms and conditions, to provide a high
level of service and meet obligations in an accurate and timely
- Extensive and relevant knowledge of Management Liability
Claims, Employment Practices Liability, Directors & Officers
- Strong ability to confidently communicate directly with
insureds, brokers, attorneys, underwriters, and business
- Strong litigation management skills including communicating and
directing defense counsel, negotiation tactics, legal invoice and
budget review and litigation strategy.
- Ability to properly analyze coverage and draft coverage
- Ability to assess appropriate reserves
- Industry awareness and knowledge of legal and management
liability insurance-related issues.
- Support the Senior Claims Team in the production of Management
- Produce regular statistical and analytical Claims information
to Portfolio and Risk Managers and Senior Management to enable
effective monitoring of Claims
- Develop/maintain sufficient knowledge of Claims portfolio, to
ensure delivery of accurate information to Underwriters and
management when requested, including risk management and account
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of the company's systems as
and when required
- Act as a referral point to other members of the Claims team on
specific tasks or in the absence of Claims Manager or Team
- Acts as a point of reference to guide and advise others to
ensure the sharing of knowledge and best practices.Skills &
- Extensive and relevant knowledge of claims handling, coverage
and the law in the appropriate area (Management Liability,
Employment Practices Liability and Directors and Officers)
- Management Liability claim handling, with experience handling
primary duty to defend policies
- Insurance coverage
- Litigation management skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; Word, Excel, and
- Able to manage conflicting priorities to achieve
- Ability to plan effectively and efficiently.
- Strong customer orientation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Investigative skills
- Negotiation skills
- Able to produce MI and detailed reports at various levels
- In depth experience of working in a Claims environment within a
specialized/complex Claims area
- ACII (equivalent) qualified or progress towards completion of
insurance qualifications including various state adjuster
licensingOtherWe are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Aspen Insurance Group, Jersey City , Senior Claims Adjuster, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!