Bilingual Universal Banker (Spanish Speaking)
Company: M&T Bank
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Overview: Specializes in our branch customer experience through
lobby management, transactions, and servicing interactions for
retail and business customers. Identifies walk-in customers' needs
through the Bank's retail sales process to provide basic sales
solutions for basic customer needs and/or refer complex customer
needs to the appropriate team member/partner.
- Educate customers on current bank processes, solutions,
deposits and other convenience services/available channels
- Fluently use needs assessment to facilitate reactive account
- Explain features and benefits of solutions (e.g. credit cards,
overdraft line of credit, installment loans) and have basic
knowledge of when it is an appropriate solution
- Open new Demand Deposit/Time Deposit/IRA accounts and explain
the features, benefits and disclosures associated with each
- Explain at a high-level criteria used to decision loan
- Transition service/sales consultation to account opening
- Field inbound customer inquiries and provide solution-based
- Complete Business Banking Customer Refresh Activities
- Complete business account servicing request for research,
disputes, loan payments, loan advances, collateral releases, wire
transfers, official check request, statement request and credit
- Assist and stay current with the Business Banking AML/KYC/BSA
- Review, approve and help resolve customer Business Banking
- Introduce business Banking Partner when servicing need
represents and opportunity for a product solution
- Assist business customers with deposit and loan servicing
needs. Build a rapport with new clients.
- Perform retail transactions.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:The position is responsible for providing
exceptional service to branch customers and resolving customer
problems in a timely manner. -The position is a key driver of
branch referrals that assist the branch team achieve annual sales
goals. -The position is responsible for interacting with
appropriate areas within the Bank to ensure branch-related
operational issues are resolved efficiently and accurately.
Education and Experience Required:High school diploma or equivalent
(GED) and a minimum of 1 year proven retail sales, call center,
customer service, or telesales experience.
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skillsAbility to
interact with varying customers (consumer to small business) and to
effectively handle difficult customer conversations.Well-organized
individual with time management and prioritization skills, with
ability to work under critical time constraints in a team
environment.Proficient with internet user-level technologyAbility
to fluently communicate both verbally and in writing with bank
customers in both English and the specified second language.
Proficiency to be determined via an online assessment.
Education and Experience Preferred:Bilingual based on branch
needsProven referral and/or sales ability
Physical Requirements:Ability to stand for long periods of
timeProlonged use of hands and fingersAbility to lift light to
heavy objects weighting 5 lbs. to 30 lbs.Ability to read fine
printAbility to interact with customers in an open face-to-face
work environmentLocationJersey City, New Jersey, United States of
Keywords: M&T Bank, Jersey City , Bilingual Universal Banker (Spanish Speaking), Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!