Company: Collectors Universe, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy,
authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards,
coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading
services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees,
Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party
authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading
cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a
comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We are currently looking for a Training Specialist to join our
team. You will work directly with the Training Manager to help team
members in effectively organizing, planning, and executing training
projects. These projects include, but are not limited to, writing
manuals, creating Google Slides, organizing, and delivering
training sessions for various departments across the organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering
training in all key areas of the business, including Operations,
for new hires, temporary employees, and existing employees. It is
important for this individual to work with the Training Manager to
create consistency of content in training sessions and to be able
to guide team members to do the same.
This role reports to the Training Manager and will work out of our
Jersey City, NJ office.
What You'll Do:
* Assist training in all key areas of the business, including
Operations and other departments that may have training needs.
Training will be delivered to new hires, temporary employees, and
existing employees across the business.
* There is a focus on building annual programs and preparing
teaching plans for areas such as safety and harassment for all
employees. The Training Department is directly involved in
instilling a 'Safety' culture and informing the workforce on safety
* Support with onboarding and training new hires and temporary
* Communicate with team members, fellow trainers, technical
writers, and the Training Manager to ensure all needs are met.
* Identify future training needs and create a curriculum, with the
Training Manager's guidance to facilitate training.
* Improve policies, procedures, and processes through the
identification of opportunities for improvement from defined issues
considering current procedures; recommend and implement optimal
solutions; measure observed improvements, draft documents and
Who You Are:
* B.S. or B.A. preferred; 1 or 2 years of experience in a training
* Fluent in English with the ability to read and comprehend
instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and group situations to other
employees of the organization at multiple levels of
* Spanish and/or Japanese fluency, and/or experience with formal
writing or translating in Spanish/Japanese is a plus.
* Attendance must be reliable, and you must be flexible to
occasionally cater to later shifts.
* Strong computer skills (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Slides,
* Proven work experience training others.
* Proven experience in designing training events in a corporate
setting, including technical writing skills (writing manuals).
* Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods
(mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training,
e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.)
* Strong planning, problem-solving, and project management
* Ability to stay organized and be detail-oriented.
* Ability to present complex information to a variety of
* Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills,
conflict resolution, and time management skills.
* Frequent sitting, standing, and walking for long periods of
* Occasional lifting/carrying (20 pounds or less)
* Working around equipment & machinery
* Walking on uneven ground
Reasons To Join Us:
* Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll
in Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k
matching plan to our employees to support their future financial
* Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid
* Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for
ten company paid holidays
* Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading
services for approved submissions
* Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with
varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
* Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to
participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are
receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors
or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out
through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from
the company or through social media. We never ask for personal
information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or
National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase
of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach
out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the
collectible's markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins,
trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and
memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional
Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services
(PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder,
Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach
Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have
graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over
1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey,
Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more
information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin,
gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran
status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that
a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and
skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due
to a disability or special need, please email
If you are based in California, you can read information for
California residents linked here.
Keywords: Collectors Universe, Inc., Jersey City , Training Specialist, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!