Company: CarePoint Health Management Associates
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 17, 2022
CarePoint Health is one of New Jersey's leading health care
systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded
hospitals -Bayonne Medical Center, Christ Hospital, and Hoboken
University Medical Center. CarePoint united these three area
hospitals to provide 360 degree coordinated care by integrating the
medical facilities and physician networks associated with these
institutions. With over 4,500 employees, CarePoint is the largest
private employer in Hudson County, New Jersey, and each year
provides care to over 300,000 individuals. CarePoint prides itself
on its patient-focused approach to care delivery, with an emphasis
on preventative medicine, health education, and disease management.
Leveraging its vast network of physicians and healthcare experts,
CarePoint is quickly becoming recognized as a leader in the broader
healthcare landscape as it pioneers creative solutions to address
urgent population health needs. What You'll Be Doing The Senior
Buyer is responsible for the purchase of supplies, equipment and
purchased services with the goal and focus on quality,
availability, and cost that afford the best products at the lowest
cost by adhering to the agreed upon contracts (including GPO or
local contracts). As part of the procurement function, responsible
for strategically reducing acquisition costs within defined
categories of the hospitals spend and serves as a primary
procurement point of contact for assigned departments/staff. Seeks
to reduce expenditures through effective supplier negotiations,
value analysis, cost modeling, etc. Facilitates contract management
and prepares requests for proposals or bids while following
established policies and procedures. Focus on product
standardization throughout the CarePoint facilities. Initiates and
implements savings initiatives. Researches and maintains
competitive sources of supply, while utilizing data and analytics
tools/resources. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Identifying, addressing and reporting all major,
consistent/persistent price discrepancies to appropriate personnel
including the Materials Manager.
- Creates, confirms, and accurately expedites all purchase orders
for assigned departments via telephone or electronic order
- Organizes, updates, and retains product information files, and
purchase order records.
- Proactively investigates price changes and challenges these
changes when not justified.
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is secured from the vendor and
updated in the respective information systems.
- Verifies requisitions for proper approvals, appropriate use of
item files, contract pricing and manufacturer, distribution
channel, and terms and conditions.
- Resolves all issues of receipts, backorders, accruals, returns,
quality (fitness for use), or invoicing issues for purchase orders,
and assists in resolving invoice/Purchase Order discrepancies by
working collaboratively with vendors and CarePoint Health Accounts
- Establishes and maintains an open and clear line of
communication with assigned departments while acting as a source of
product knowledge, with the goal of driving savings and
- Initiates and maintains the preferred vendor list for each
department and reviews purchase orders to verify compliance with
- Provides detailed review for assigned departmental spend to
ensure adherence to contract when appropriate and assists in
conversion to compliant products.
- Governs backorder and substitution requirements and action
plans to ensure clinicians have the necessary supplies to maintain
patient care levels. Also facilitates and maintains the short-term
- Maintains proper and appropriate professional and ethical
relationships with all vendor representatives/business partners and
conducts business according to established principals and
- Collaborate with end users to support key initiates.
- Consistently reviews spend and identifies areas for savings and
- Serves as a role model and mentor to buyers
- Other projects and duties as assigned.What We're Looking For
and What We Offer
- High School diploma required. Undergraduate degree in supply
chain management, business administration, or a related field
- 3-5 years purchasing or related experience required. Prior
experience working in healthcare procurement preferred.
- Ability to multitask and perform other duties as assigned, or
- Ability to communicate/interact professionally and respectfully
with other CarePoint employees, professional staff, and/or external
contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information, or
deliver services and savings.
- Familiarity with methods of purchasing, supplier partnership,
inventory control/management, shipping, receiving, and accounts
payable, as well as contract terms and conditions, procurement,
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to navigate and manage multiple information
- Strong negotiating skills accompanied with the ability to
strategically reduce costs.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in an
intensive yet professional, service-oriented, respectful manner
using active listening and problem-solving approaches.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to adapt to change, while
effectively responding to changing needs, conditions, and/or
- Focus on problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively, in a team setting. What We
Offer What We Offer
--- Competitive pay
--- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
--- 401k with Company match
--- Generous paid time off
--- Paid Holidays
--- Tuition Reimbursement
--- Advancement and career development opportunities
Covid-19 and Influenza Vaccinations are a requirement for
employment at CarePoint Health. If you are not currently
vaccinated, you will be required to receive the vaccination prior
to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and
receive an approved medical or religious exemption from
CarePoint Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: CarePoint Health Management Associates, Jersey City , Senior Buyer, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!