Supplier Qualification Procurement Specialist
Company: Kuehne + Nagel AS
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Are you thinking about improving your career development and
your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most
successful international logistics organizations here at
Kuehne+Nagel. Our Jersey City branch is looking for a new Supplier
Qualification Procurement Specialist to join their Finance team.
Your Role You will ensure that suppliers are evaluated based on
their ability to provide quality service, which is following
Kuehne+Nagel's Quality, Safety and Health, Environmental, Security,
Dangerous Goods and Supplier Code of Conduct requirements. You will
Manage Carriers and Non-Carriers supplier (vendor) qualification,
onboarding, and ongoing maintenance processes through SMT and RIMS
ReTrans systems, and KNVS when implemented.Provide reliable
customer service to the Kuehne+Nagel USA Operations regarding
enquiries of suppliers (Carriers and Non-Carrier) status (approvals
/ suspensions), profile changes.You will report to Regional
Procurement Manager. Your Responsibilities
- You will review supplier questionnaires.
- You will maintain important documentation in SMT ensuring
supplier status is well supported.
- You will communicate with supplier to request expired documents
and update in SMT.
- You will coordinate with the Compliance team the proper Customs
Clearance IDD process.
- You will work with the Finance team to create supplier accounts
- You will keep updated approved Dangerous Goods carriers
- You will support internal and external pharma audits related to
Kuehne+Nagel Trucking Services.
- You will engage staff, management teams, and end-users to
ensure business changes due to supplier management issues are kept
to a minimum.
- You will create monthly Suspended-Non Approved Supplier
notification that is sent to Kuehne+Nagel USA to avoid the use of
- You will coordinate with the QSHE Team the approval of
suppliers related to Dangerous Goods and Kuehne+Nagel
SolutionsChains enhanced qualification requirements (Quality
Agreements, Security Agreements, Audit.)
- You will manage open SMT Tickets, keeping response times to
requestors within acceptable Indicator target limits.
- You will ensure that maintenance activities necessary to keep
Suppliers in Approved Status are managed (e.g. updated document
requests, re-qualification activities)
- You will communicate and work with other QSHE and Business
- You will be responsible for reject or approve qualification
questionnaires / applications based on review or responses and
- You will request suspension or activation of vendor codes
within ACON financial system. Your Skills and Experiences
- 1 year in a similar role/position desirable
- Minimum 1 year with Kuehne+Nagel
- Operational knowledge of Kuehne+Nagel procedures
- General knowledge in Kuehne+Nagel Operating Systems.
- Networking skills. Good Reasons to Join We offer a great
compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a dynamic global work environment.
At Kuehne+Nagel we strive daily to Inspire, Empower and Deliver not
only to our customers but colleagues.
Keywords: Kuehne + Nagel AS, Jersey City , Supplier Qualification Procurement Specialist, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!