Senior Desktop Engineer
Company: Infinity Consulting Solutions
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Senior Desktop Engineer
* Hybrid 3-4 days onsite in Jersey City, NJ*
* Create Hybrid workplace solution roadmap, architecture and
implementation approach from traditional Windows OS imaging to
SCCM/MECM/Autopilot based Windows OS management for both on-prem
physical end points, VDI and cloud-based desktop.
* Oversee our unified endpoint management solution for windows and
mobile devices using Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MECM, Intune,
* Work with Microsoft Intune/Autopilot environment including device
enrolment, implementing, and configuring auto provisioning
scenarios, configuring profiles, managing device access and
compliance, application management, managing security etc.
* Plan an Operating System deployment strategy using MECM and
Intune Autopilot to implement both Imageless solution as well as
hardware independent images to support multiple hardware types and
OS architectures, perform Windows upgrades, driver management, and
the certification of new hardware devices.
* Implement solutions to build and maintain virtual desktops in
Azure or AWS cloud
* Serve as a mentor and escalation point for our User Support
* Define and manage endpoint profiles throughout the enterprise
from design to deployment and steady state.
* Develop or enhance forward-looking standards, architecture
specifications and solutions using MECM and Intune to improve user
experience, simplify device management as well as deployment of
windows, security, and third-party updates in timely manner to all
devices globally including on-prem, cloud-based as well as remote
* Manage and implement group policies using Active Directory and
Microsoft Intune for desktops, laptops, and VMs
* Provide health and performance insights as well as trend analysis
using Azure monitoring, endpoint analytics etc.
* Identify system problems and develop innovative solutions to
improve processing efficiency and stability.
* Engage with cross functional teams in other technology
initiatives and projects.
* Create supporting documentation for various audiences.
What You'll Need
* 5+ years of experience with End User Computing and Infrastructure
technical skills especially in the areas of Desktop, VDI, Remote
Access, Windows OS Image Management, End-point Security,
Application Packaging, Group Policy, Security patching, Firmware
and Device Drivers upgrades etc.
* 1+ years of experience on VDI and/or DaaS (VMware, Microsoft)
solution implementation, OS Imaging for VDI environment, cloud
desktop, user profile and thin client engineering.
* Understanding of Azure cloud platform especially with Microsoft
365, Cloud management software products like Terraform or Nerdio,
Azure Image Library, Azure Active Directory concepts, Network
protocols/services and Network Infrastructure.
* Strong experience in design, architecture and management using
SCCM or MECM and Intune in Windows 10 Deployment: In-place upgrade,
OS refresh and replace.
* Experience as solution lead managing projects, solution roadmap,
POC and leading initiatives with minimal direction throughout the
* Experience with Windows Autopilot as a modern OS deployment
solution with strong understanding of the mechanics and processes
for developing end to end provisioning processes through MS Intune
including images, software deployment, and patching.
* Exposure in co-management (Intune + MECM) as part of modern
device management transformation.
* Exposure in PowerShell, VBScript, WMI scripting and
* Experience with Microsoft Graph, Azure Alerts and Monitoring,
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate
successful long term relationships with candidates and clients
matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe
technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we
cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer
to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on
collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible
staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology,
Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our
staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Infinity Consulting Solutions, Jersey City , Senior Desktop Engineer, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!