Systems Engineer III
Company: Arch Insurance Group, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Systems Engineer III
Arch Capital Services LLC
US-NC-Raleigh - US
# of Openings
The Systems Engineer III is primarily responsible for the
administration and operation of the firm's complex O365 services
and AD Infrastructure setup. This role requires in-depth knowledge
of MS Exchange on-prem and online, Mimecast, PowerShell and a good
understanding Active Directory, Azure AD connect, Azure AD
Conditional Access and other related O365 technologies (SPO, Teams,
One Drive, etc.). The ideal candidate is expected to be skilled at
troubleshooting, be a self-starter, and demonstrate experience in
managing projects to completion.
Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments
maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and
- Follow all set procedures to the change management system.
- Develop capacity forecasts for managed environments and prevent
problems prior to outages.
- Serve as an escalation point and provide guidance and direction
for the resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production,
application or system problems.
- Must be able to accommodate schedule flexibility to deal with
escalations and occasional changes during non-core business
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and Exchange online Administration
- Ensure email services are stable, secure, and available across
various Business Units (BU's) at Arch.
- Install Exchange and set up Exchange orgs from scratch or
upgrading from MS 2010 to 2013 to 2016.
- Support multiple Hybrid Exchange environments syncing to one
Multi Geo O365 tenant.
- Lead mailbox migrations, Public Folder migrations, etc.
- Develop strategic plans for Mail flow routing, Journaling,
Email retention polices, Role based access control, etc.
- Support merger and acquisitions to lead complex Exchange, O365
tenant and AD integrations/migrations.
- Troubleshoot complex Mail flow scenarios to resolve P1/P2
tickets across various technologies like AAD connect, Email
- Review and suggest strategic improvements
- Email Gateway (Mimecast) Administration:
- Build new Mimecast tenant with standard gateway
- Develop email gateway policies, configure SSO with Azure AD,
setup DirSync with AAD.
- Work in coordination with Mimecast, corporate information
security to improve security posture.
- Document standards and schedule KT sessions with service desk
- Active Directory
- Plan and Deploy AD Sites and Services, Promote/Demote Domain
- AD user migration using ADMT.
- Support Multiple AD forests and trust between them.
- Automate AD health checks, Identity Lifecyle management,
- Setup, configure, and administer Quest Change auditor.
- Setup and review AD health assessments to remediate any
- Set up and support Active Directory Certificate Services.
- Troubleshoot AD replication and AAD connect sync issues.
- AAD Connect
- Setup new AAD Connect connectors.
- Develop sync rules.
- Upgrade AAD connect and resolve Identity conflicts.
- Configure Password hash sync, writeback, SSO etc.
- O365/Azure AD
- Setup and troubleshoot AAD Conditional access policies.
- configure Privileged Identity Manager to administer various AAD
- Create enterprise apps to setup SSO with third party
- Setup Multifactor Authentication.
- Assign/reassign various O365 licenses and enable relevant
services within the O365 licenses.Automation
- Develop Powershell scripts to help automate routine tasks,
monitor and generate reports on various workloads (EXO, Azure AD,
Teams, SPO, O365 licensing, etc.).
- Working experience with Github and YAML configuration.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience supporting
Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and Exchange Online.
- 5+ years of relevant practical experience
managing/troubleshooting email Gateway solutions, Mimecast
- 5+ years of strong PowerShell automation and advanced active
- Knowledge of Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS,
- Strong knowledge of Azure AD, Conditional Access, MFA,O365
- Expert knowledge of Windows servers, Active Directory, ADFS,
GPO's in a Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 environment.
- Ability to effectively plan, facilitate, and participate in
meetings with employees from all organizational levels.
- Effectively use teamwork to contribute to a high
morale/high-performance team culture, leading by example.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an open way, willingness to
share knowledge and resources and to educate others within a global
- Effective team player and collaborator.
- Strong skills in prioritization and reprioritization to react
to a dynamic environment as Arch continues to evolve.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
strong listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate business and technical
information to audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate with offshore teams and technical
- Strong documentation and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with management in a professional
- Technical degree or certifications preferred but not
- Industry specific training or designation a plus
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides
insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis.
Arch Capital Services LLC provides support and expertise to
entities across ACGL to help them operate effectively and
efficiently. With a company culture rooted in collaboration,
expertise, and innovation, we aim to promote progress and inspire
our clients, employees, investors and communities to achieve their
greatest potential. Our work is the catalyst that helps others
achieve their goals. In short, We Enable Possibility. Our Values -
to work hard and smart, embrace the power of teamwork, continually
pursue innovation and improvement, exhibit honest and integrity in
all we do, and strive to make a difference - define and shape our
behaviors and our culture. We believe a diverse workforce and
commitment to inclusivity help fuel our success. Our people are one
of our greatest strengths, and we strive to attract, develop,
engage and retain top talent with career opportunities and a
comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about #TeamArch and
#LifeAtArch on our Careers page or on LinkedIn.
Keywords: Arch Insurance Group, Inc., Jersey City , Systems Engineer III, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!