Sanctions Advisory Officer
Company: ICONMA, LLC
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 24, 2022
- AML and KYC DOES NOT equate to sanctions. Need someone with
Sanctions background and Alert Review Experience - transactional
alerts. Corporate banking experience highly preferred.
- The U.S. Financial Security Department has a key role to play
in continually guiding and coordinating the Financial Security
Program for client to keep pace with evolving industry practices
and local regulations. Within the U.S. Financial Security
Department, there are six main areas: KYC Compliance, FIU/BLRA/QA,
Sanctions, Transaction Monitoring and Optimization, Transaction
Monitoring, and Project Management. The US Financial Security
Department establishes standards and implements processes for
identifying, measuring, controlling, monitoring, reporting, and
escalating matters pertaining to Sanctions, AML, and KYC.
- The Sanctions Compliance Team manages the overall Sanctions
Compliance Program at client, protecting client by ensuring
adherence to pertinent sanctions regulations. The Team accomplishes
this by working with various departments within client to identify
risk, train personnel, maintain effective filters, implement
policies and comprehensive procedures, screen data and
transactions, and report violations to law enforcement.
- Candidates will be measured on the following four performance
drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on
the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Provide advice to various lines of business on sanctions
regulations and internal sanctions policies.
- Conduct Sanctions focused enhanced due diligence on trade
finance activities (e.g. letters of credit) and identify Sanctions
risks and red flags.
- Investigate and decision escalations and alerts from
transactional, static data, client onboarding and other escalation
sources. Thoroughly document and maintain related investigation
- Ensure escalation of significant sanctions-related matters to
the Head of Sanctions Compliance.
- Perform ad hoc investigations and analysis in support of
block/reject reports, or voluntary disclosures to OFAC, of any
regulatory enquiries, and as requested.
- Assist with coordination of materials for internal and external
- Assist with remediation efforts related to the Sanctions
- Keep abreast of sanctions regulatory developments and of
internal sanctions policies.
- Assist with Sanctions related projects and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with applicable client policies governing employee work
- Five years + of experience in a financial services industry or
regulatory environment; at least 3 years in OFAC/ Financial
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in
Accounting, Finance, Legal, Economics or related
- Strong analytical skills to review and analyze Sanctions
related inquiries and escalations.
- Strong investigative skills for potential Sanctions violation
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel and MS
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Possess a strong understanding of corporate governance and the
OFAC, EU, French Sanctions regulatory environment
- Ability to understand the importance of privileged and
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet timely
- Relevant Industry Certification, e.g., CGSS, CAMS
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating
an employment environment that supports and encourages the
abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Keywords: ICONMA, LLC, Jersey City , Sanctions Advisory Officer, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!