Care Navigator - Remote in NY and NJ
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
If you are located within New York and/or New Jersey, you will
have the flexibility to telecommute (work from home) as you take on
some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can
make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the
opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our
business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one
of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is
restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers,
improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We
live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are
living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas:
Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make
UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the
fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and
treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their
healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No
other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we
do it all with every action focused on our shared values of
Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Our Care Navigators have a serious responsibility to make every
contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what
it says about how much we care.
Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our
8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 09:00am
- 05:30pm EST.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth
Group's Telecommuter Policy.
- Completes telephonic outreach to DSNP members utilizing auto
dialer and manual dialing
- Educates member on gaps in care and assists with scheduling
- Assists members with social determinants of health and links to
- Ensures member has access to PCP
- Identifies gaps in care and assists in closure of gaps
- Outreaches members on caseload consistent with program
- Consistently meets metrics, both quality & performance
- Provides excellent customer service to both members and
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good
- Maintains confidential health information according to state
and federal regulations including HIPAA.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of call center and / or telephonic customer service
- 1+ years of professional experience in an office setting using
the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform
the job duties
- 1+ years of Healthcare/insurance experience and/or Social
work/community outreach/advocacy experience
- 1+ years of experience analyzing and solving customer
- Work experience using Microsoft Word (edit, create & save
documents), Microsoft Excel (sorting & filtering data), and
Microsoft Outlook (email, folders, attachments and
- Ability to work Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm local
- Must have capability to work from home
- Reside within New York and/or New Jersey
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is
separated from other living areas and provides information
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group
approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing
high-speed internet service
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Social Work, Public Health or
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish or other language
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
- Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- Experience working with medical terminology
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals
within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and multiple systems
on the computer simultaneously while assisting members
- Must be comfortable making outreach to members without prior
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Telephone etiquette
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report
their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background
and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group
values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the
military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the
service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true:
Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a
civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want
to help guide your career journey. Learn more at
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military
veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make the health system
work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the
world's large accumulation of health - related information, or
guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for
millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and
uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group
family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds
and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to
reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high
performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter.
Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Jersey City , Care Navigator - Remote in NY and NJ, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!