Political Affairs Internship
Company: Borgen Project
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is
working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a
part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The
internship is for 12 weeks, however, if your availability is
limited, you can work ahead and complete the program in fewer
Responsibilities will include leading public and political outreach
in your state and district.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in
your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign
and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in
support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders,
media and other groups.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and
Start Date: New programs begin every month, you choose the month
you wish to start.
Keywords: Borgen Project, Jersey City , Political Affairs Internship, Other , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!