Model Risk Analyst
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: May 18, 2020
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the
best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle
challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and
advancing your career while having the time of your life.
About this Opportunity
We are looking for a Model Risk Analyst to join the Model
Validation and Control group ("MVC"), which is responsible for all
aspects of Model Risk Management ("MRM") at DTCC from model risk
governance and control, independent model validation to model
performance monitoring ("MPM") and back testing ("BT"). Model Risk
Analyst will support the model risk governance process and will be
involved in the model identification process and model inventory
- Prepare and analyze model risk reporting and data for senior
management and regulators
- Support Model risk management tool implementation efforts,
including participation in User Acceptance Testing
- Conduct model identification activities that includes
administration of the model survey, analysis of the survey
responses, collection and documentation of effective challenge from
SME, and collation of results and attestations.
- Works closely with relevant stakeholders to understand all
aspects of the workflow processes managed for model validation,
model performance monitoring, and model issue management.
- Create periodic reporting of model risk metrics or
- Organize materials for the Model Risk Governance Council
- Assist with ad hoc model risk analyses and reporting as
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day
responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and can work in an
efficient and organized way.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Prior experience with quantitative modeling is not required but
should have a general knowledge of financial markets and products,
risk metrics and VaR.
- Ideally the incumbent should be familiar with the regulatory
requirements in terms of model risk management (SR 11-7) and SEC
Covered Clearing Agency Standards.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SAS, VBA,
etc. would be advantageous but is not required.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade
market infrastructure for the global financial services industry.
From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16
countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes
and standardizes the processing of financial transactions,
mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for
thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers.
Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities
of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data
reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing
increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018,
DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at
more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody
and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and
territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade
Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or
approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages
annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect
with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Keywords: DTCC, Jersey City , Model Risk Analyst, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!